Sign in to follow this  
Spider

Spider'd Wristband

Thought I would show this before I .......blacked it out.... :no: Although seeing some of Tom's stuff in black I hope mine can look almost as good.

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

Please pardon my bad camera skills...

now that's some dedication to a candy! LOL do the m's and the edge in red and tell 'em "oops". lookin' good!

I will have to do the red on the next one. They specifically said black all around. I'm sure it will clean up some of my errors... ;)

Heey man, thank you and I AM honored!!

Those letters/font is sure cool. For me, they bring back some sweet memories in a booze haze from the later part of the eighties and the trash metal era outburst.

Love that bubbly thing you got going on the sides, gotta have one or two of thos punches.

Are you going to implement any other colours? Make sure to have some fine brushes in that case, I sometimes use a womans eyeliner brush (think it's meant for that, works on me thou :youwish: ).

It holds enough dye to make a splotch when you put it to the leather and then..it's out of colour...but...there is a between mode that can be used to brush the colour very gentle on the first stroke so that the leather wont be able to suck it out of the brush and that's when it becomes useful.

Well now you got my undivided attention so I'm really looking forward to see the end result, even if you have a strict recommendation from your client to go all black.

The stuff from me that you are refering to is much my own creation implemented with clients ideas and I cut the price in half since it's portfoliowork.

Always good too see your stuff!

Tom

If you do one with colors on it, do what Swede said and use a fine brush, but also have a piece of scrap with the flesh side up so you can touch your brush to it after you dip it into the dye, but before you touch the piece you're working on. Soaks up the excess and keeps you from having a runaway blotch on your good piece. My .02 worth.

Heey man, thank you and I AM honored!!

Those letters/font is sure cool. For me, they bring back some sweet memories in a booze haze from the later part of the eighties and the trash metal era outburst.

Love that bubbly thing you got going on the sides, gotta have one or two of thos punches.

Are you going to implement any other colours? Make sure to have some fine brushes in that case, I sometimes use a womans eyeliner brush (think it's meant for that, works on me thou :youwish: ).

It holds enough dye to make a splotch when you put it to the leather and then..it's out of colour...but...there is a between mode that can be used to brush the colour very gentle on the first stroke so that the leather wont be able to suck it out of the brush and that's when it becomes useful.

Well now you got my undivided attention so I'm really looking forward to see the end result, even if you have a strict recommendation from your client to go all black.

The stuff from me that you are refering to is much my own creation implemented with clients ideas and I cut the price in half since it's portfoliowork.

Always good too see your stuff!

Tom

Thanks Tom. Good to know. I will go into my...I mean, My wife's makeup and get a eyeliner brush. Very cool idea.

If you do one with colors on it, do what Swede said and use a fine brush, but also have a piece of scrap with the flesh side up so you can touch your brush to it after you dip it into the dye, but before you touch the piece you're working on. Soaks up the excess and keeps you from having a runaway blotch on your good piece. My .02 worth.

Hey Grumpy, I will have to use the idea of the scap piece to touch on. Good call.

I just hit this piece with black and I have to say that it does not look bad at all. I love the natural but this is pretty cool too. Just that alot of detail gets hidden. Oh well. This was my design but the only recommendation was to have it all black as dude likes all black leather. The initials are guy and girl's first initials. I'll post after I buff it and make it all pretty. YAY!!!

love this piece spider, especially the bubble thingies.... make sure to post a photo when it is finished.

Thanks for pointing that out, I have a wooden colouring board and touching it with brushes is a regular thing for me so forgot bout it.

Tom

Spider, this is very nice! Great job! I think everything looks good in black, but that's just me. : )

~Tammy

Oh - the goggles I make are just Russian GP-5 gas masks I get at Army/Navy and hack up to make my own little creations from. I've bought up most of their black ones though, and they don't plan to get more. I'll have to look for a new source eventually.

Ok It's done.. Lemme know what you think...

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

Spider that looks sweet. Nice creative touch. Are you going to use black thread?

Black thread? Oh for the stitching on the edges? Nah man, That is just a little detail to add to the design. Not for stitching. lol Sorry. I was accused for doing "fake" stitches already today.....lol But no, this is pretty much done except for my pretty makers stamp... :thumbsup:

Spider! Aren't you so happy when the dye job comes out great! I always take a pic before the dyes just in case... :) Looks GREAT!

Spider! Aren't you so happy when the dye job comes out great! I always take a pic before the dyes just in case... :) Looks GREAT!

lol, yeah I'm jazzed. Got lucky on this one. Chuck it up to experience. The owner will give it as an anniversary gift at the end of the month. She loved it raw and I'm sure she will love it now.

Yeah man! That's it!

Some stuff really do look good in all black. Check out the new guy, Ians spiderwebs. I kinda' promised him that you'll be stopping by after finishing hanging around here in another thread;-) Those are black as they should be.

That spiffy, clever backgrounding I think is the key to your success. The tooling pops just nice without any colours added and like TCleather says, black is nice!

So now you have somewell earned money down your pocket and saved time with colouring. Businesstricks is a good thing to know.

Happy for ya!

Tom, now heading off to see if you got stuck in that spiderweb yet.