Tina

2 New Quivers, The First I Have Made...

The quiver with the sea dragon (and swirls) I also used hair-on-cow on. This is also my first prodejt where I used my new air brush, I love it :thumbsup: . Some colors is Angelus spirit dyes, others is acryllic paint. I also used Fiebings Hi-Liter. There is some metal details here like D-rings and two bucles. All hand sewn.

The Wild boar quiver has some soft rabbit fur. Here is all colors Angelus spirit dyes except small details in white & black (eyes only) and some air brushed on, ontop is the old Tandy middle brown antique. This quiver is made totally without any metal parts but the straps is still adjustable. All hand sewn.

post-5624-031641300 1296999217_thumb.jpg

post-5624-034335400 1296999238_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tina

Those are fantastic!! :You_Rock_Emoticon: I love 'em.

wow those are really nice and almost too pretty to use, somebody is going to really proud to have those

Thank you both...I really hope someone wants to (dare to) use them *S*

WOW! nice work! Congrtulation

Lovely!

Those turned out really nice Tina!! I like the way the tooling goes with the hair on hide. The straps without hardware look neat too. You always come up with the neatest ideas. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Great work as always, Tina! :thumbsup:

Crystal

Thanks a Million guy's and gal's :-)

ClayB...I had to invent something, the LARP (reenactment) people don't like to see modern rivets or buckles. When not in the US anymore there is a limitation of what I can get my hands on in an easy way and without paying loads of tax/custom/shipping fees *grrrr*.

stunning!!!!

Beautiful Tina,

Still would like to see a tutorial from you on making a notebook.

Dave

Fantastic!!!!!! How many Hours?\

Holly

Hey Tina, thanks for giving us more of your work to feast our eyes upon! Whoever gets these are going to the ren-fest in high fashion. Clever idea on the adjustment loops.

Kate

These are very beautiful things. I always like your painting. You do it excellently. :thumbsup:

Thanks you for councils about a choice and purchase of dyes, I have used it.

Sorry for the late delay in responding to this...We have had the worst and windiest storm in years and of course the power went out...For 23 hours *Grrr* nuff said!

I'm happy you all like them, I made them for this years fair, lets see how well they will do:-)

David...I will try to remember to take some photos the next time I make a cover. I did post up som templates last year in the pattern section.

Edited by Tina

Tine:

absolutely stunning.

it is a shame that there is not much for SCA in Europe, we don't mind buckles....lol

When I saw the boar on the design I got excited, I thought it might be for a local grou[p who uses it for thier emblem.

But, once again...just WOW

Tine:

absolutely stunning.

it is a shame that there is not much for SCA in Europe, we don't mind buckles....lol

When I saw the boar on the design I got excited, I thought it might be for a local grou[p who uses it for thier emblem.

But, once again...just WOW

Thanks a load:-)

The group can not use my boar, it is drawn by me from scratch from a boar photo but they might have something similar? There is just sooo manny ways to draw a boar with swirls and anyone that have seen my work the last few years knows...I Love swirls *LOL*

Tina,

Somehow I missed this one. Great work as always. As Kate said whoever gets this is going in high fashion. Swirls ---yes they are getting to be a trademark style of yours.

Regards,

Ben

Tina,

Somehow I missed this one. Great work as always. As Kate said whoever gets this is going in high fashion. Swirls ---yes they are getting to be a trademark style of yours.

Regards,

Ben

Great Thanks Ben :-)

I know I miss a whole bunch to from time to time too...Swirls, I just Love'm and just posted another one with them in the Show of. Wishing you a fab day//Tina

Edited by Tina

Tina, I've been asked by my son-in-law to make him a quiver. Before he asked me this I didn't know what a quiver was. He is really into hunting and wants me to make him a bow case and quiver out of an elk hide he shot on a trip to Montana. This is a prized possession and I don't want to ruin this hide. The question I have is the hair is attached and I need to know how to sew this. Do I cut back the hair to be able to sew it? I saw your photos and thought you could be of help. Thanks

The quiver with the sea dragon (and swirls) I also used hair-on-cow on. This is also my first prodejt where I used my new air brush, I love it :thumbsup: . Some colors is Angelus spirit dyes, others is acryllic paint. I also used Fiebings Hi-Liter. There is some metal details here like D-rings and two bucles. All hand sewn.

The Wild boar quiver has some soft rabbit fur. Here is all colors Angelus spirit dyes except small details in white & black (eyes only) and some air brushed on, ontop is the old Tandy middle brown antique. This quiver is made totally without any metal parts but the straps is still adjustable. All hand sewn.

Tina, I've been asked by my son-in-law to make him a quiver. Before he asked me this I didn't know what a quiver was. He is really into hunting and wants me to make him a bow case and quiver out of an elk hide he shot on a trip to Montana. This is a prized possession and I don't want to ruin this hide. The question I have is the hair is attached and I need to know how to sew this. Do I cut back the hair to be able to sew it? I saw your photos and thought you could be of help. Thanks

Hi Ben :-)

I did not cut back any fur on either one of the quivers. The Hair-on-cow was the easy one, the fur is "stiff" and it was just so sew right on to the tooled pieces.

The rabbit, a wee bit more tricky...The fur finds it self in to every little stich and hole. I taped back the fur as hard as possible with some of that blue masking tape, (but I'm sure any masking tape will do) then it was "just" to sew the fur onto the tooled pieces. I remeber I did glue the delicate rabbit fur onto some piece of leather (just laying around) with more substance to it.

I hope this will help you or that other might jump in here and give some tips on the topic. Wishing you Good Luck//Tina

Edited by Tina