It's been a long time since I have really posted. Been very busy here, with orders backed up through January. Here is some stuff that I have done. One presentation rig for next month as well. I can explain more once I have given the rig to the individual. I have been doing more and more rigs and holsters for the 1911 lately. Something must be in the wind.

Frank

post-8516-0-38497300-1419185453_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-62820500-1419185466_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-29881900-1419185470_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-95383600-1419185474_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-45698000-1419185481_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-86385800-1419185491_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-17781000-1419185508_thumb.jp

post-8516-0-64539800-1419185519_thumb.jp

They all are very beautiful. The fifth one from the top caught my eye. Maybe because it speaks to my individual taste. I love that deep rich brown. How did you make that color, if that's not asking you to divulge secrets? The leather itself looks beautiful, what did you use?

Thanks very much. I have had several people ask me about that color. I use all Wickett & Craig drum dyed leathers and finish them all the same. That one is the brown skirting, oiled and finished with Fiebing's Bag Kote. The Bag Kote really darkens the leather and brings out a very rich color. I don't think I'll ever change the way I finish them since I really like the results. By the way, if you see a big fella out in Sioux Falls by the name of Rick Weiher, tell him his brother says hello!

Frank

Edited by Frank

Well Frank I gotta say those are the ugliest pieces of leather work I have ever seen.

Actually you know that is not true. I'm just jealous. ;)

Very nice work, as usual with a quality that speaks for itself. I especially like the Schofield holster.

What is up with the canvassed bullet loops ? I don't recall seeing the done before.

Are the loops pushed through the belt?

Merry Christmas.

Joel

Thanks Joel, I appreciate it. A Merry Christmas to you as well. Those cartridge loops are woven. I use English bridle leather cut into 1" strips and use a 1" bag punch to knock out the slots. I just weave them in and out and use a half round punch for the ends and rivet the ends in place. This style was more popular than sewn cartridge loops in the 1800's. In my opinion, they are stronger than sewn loops and a lot easier to replace if one breaks. You just can't fit as many woven loops on a belt as you can sewn ones. To me though, 20-25 extra cartridges are heavy enough!

Frank

Frank, they are all superb. Beautiful workmanship all around. You have the touch and makes all who see your work a bit envious.

Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

God Bless.

Ray

Great job Frank! I like everything about the whole lot of them. The colors look great, clean sharp tooling and well designed holsters. Thanks for sharing them!

Merry Christmas!

Josh

Beautiful job, I love all of them. Especially the light cognac brown ones. The molded gun holster is really sweet, too.

Most excellent work. The first one is my favorite. I've always been into floral carving.

Thanks everyone. Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays to you all!

Frank, a lot of great work there. I realy like that Mexican loop pattern for the Schofield.

Edited by camano ridge

Thanks very much. The Mexican loop for the Schofield was requested by the customer to have a mostly covered trigger guard. I really like the looks of it as well.

Beautiful stuff there. Awesome job.

I would never be able to wear one of those, they are works of art!

Frank, I'm especially fond of your jockstrap rendition. Great work as always!

I to love the Jock Strap! I was just reading Bluesteel and Gunleather again and was reminded that Bianchi felt these high ride western rigs made great field holsters. I may have to try one someday!

Thanks guys. After one customer requested a SD Myres type jockstrap holster, I started to really like the style of them. I had never seen a 1911 jockstrap holster before so I decided to come up with a pattern for one. I think this one is a keeper.