I got the table built and motor installed. Got lucky and the knee lift wasn’t in the way. Took a piece of strap leather and wrapped it around the outside of the pulleys and it came out to 40 “ .

So I bought a 3L 400 belt and will try it on tomorrow.  Looking forward to watching it run.  
 Not quite the machine my Techsew 5100 is but it’s a really comfortable setup and should be a great tool. 
I’ll try to get it stitching correct this weekend. 

19481CF3-97D2-47CA-9827-F6492DFC4FF5.jpeg

After reading the manual 2 times and watching UWEs videos on timing. I think I have it figured out now. One problem I’m having is  that when lining up the arrows on the timing while the lift arm is all the way up. The arrows are not exactly lined up. I have to turn the balance wheel a tad and the lift arm is not quite all the way up. Is this a problem.  It’s close but not exact.  I have a new belt if needed. Also the stitch length adjustment is kinda weird.  I can make it stitch backwards for some reason. I guess I’m turning it too far.  I thought it was supposed to stop at both ends of the selections.  

Top stitch looks great but I’m not getting the knot pulled up on bottom at all and I have the tension so tight I can’t turn it anymore. 

The bobbin tension is almost non existent super easy to pull. I know there is an answer to this issue and have looked at length to find a solution. I think part of the problem is I may have been using the wrong terminology in searches. I’m new to this sewing machine world but willing to jump in with both feet..

any help would be appreciated. 

When I brought my 155 I found that the bobbin tension was very loose, on inspection the thread had worn a grove over the years of use so the bobbin spring could not apply enough tension, a new bobbin holder top solved the problem . Had to buy from the US to just get the top rather than the whole part

Are you sure you dont have the motor going the wrong way for the stitch to go backwards, servo motors often have a forward or reverse setting switch

57 minutes ago, chrisash said:

When I brought my 155 I found that the bobbin tension was very loose, on inspection the thread had worn a grove over the years of use so the bobbin spring could not apply enough tension, a new bobbin holder top solved the problem . Had to buy from the US to just get the top rather than the whole part

Are you sure you dont have the motor going the wrong way for the stitch to go backwards, servo motors often have a forward or reverse setting switch

Yes the motor is correct. It’s just I turned the stitch selection past the stop I think. I turned it back and the stitches are going the correct way.  I’ll check out the tension spring and see if it’s grooved.  
thanks for the reply. 

Turns out there is a grove I can see daylight through. No way there can ever be tension on the bobbin.  So I ordered new springs and a new bobbin case. Waiting on the mail again. But I did pull the belt, timed it and I’m ready for the parts.  

Well I’ve got a new machine now. I feel as tho I went thru a college class reading and watching vids. It sews!!!  And fairly good at that.  10 oz veg tanned. . Need to do a little foot adjustment now and it’s a belt maker.  Tedious stuff.  Put it together , then take it back apart only to put it back together.   Sigh!!!!!

07F0D09D-6724-4817-9391-A06597C9A1CC.png

The back

6261F2D7-BF22-45EC-B1DB-54028F9F8039.png