Miss T ordered me a surprise for my shop.  She got a good deal direct.  We put it together in less than 90 minutes.  She met the freight driver with the tractor and pallet forks at the post office a mile from the house and brought it home and we took the boxes into the shop, so we could put it together in the AC... it was 99 that day.   SHE has a hobby sewing shop and is gifted.  She sews, crochets, quilts, embroideries..   I'll have someone to teach me.

I sewed one item so far, a cover for my head knife.  A couple small mistakes, but it worked.

04 the machine.jpg

She's a keeper! Congrats!

A'h yes, the joy of putting your new 'toy' together. And what a wonderful person she is :thumbsup:

' A family that sews together, stays together ' .   I see you had some practice. 

If only I was married,*sigh*  I'd like a 132K6, a post bed... a long arm ....and a bigger workshop...please :blush:

Well done to you both & Happy sewing :specool:

HS

I know I'm lucky, she's been a keeper.  We have been together thirty years, and enjoy many of the same things.  Fly tying, kayak fishing, quiet country living.  She is a no nonsense farm gal and I trusted her to take care of the kids when I worked Evening and Midnight Patrols.  We spent my off time as a family and she appreciated that.  She had managed the family budget carefully when their were four kids at home and still runs the budget long after I retired.  Neither of us spends on frivolous things, but do buy quality when we buy. Lol.  Buy well, buy once.

Congrats on the new sewing machine.  We'll want to see pictures of your projects.

As soon as I do one that I have sewn on the machine I'll post it up.  I have posted some in the member gallery, but those are all hand sewn.

Back in 2015, Miss T and I drove down to the Nissan Dealer in VA and for my birthday, bought a Nice little Frontier for my Birthday.  We had a 2010 Titan Pro4x that had been a great truck, and were never going to get rid of it, but after I retired Miss T decided I needed the Sports Car I had always wanted.  That didn't work out.  We are truck people... so we bought the Frontier.  I immediately ordered the shell, and then after the free range chickens decided to sit all over the truck... ordered the custom cover.  Wasn't going to have chickens ruining the finish on a brand new truck.

Still have the Titan and the Frontier... still look new.  Don't need the cover in Oklahoma.  The chickens are down in the coop in the pasture and the trucks are garaged.  Miss Tina decided to make a cover for the Cowboy 3200 to keep the sawdust, bugs, and just plain dust off the machine... but was wondering what to use to make it.  She had a lot of material but nothing big enough.  I remembered we still had the unused cover.  She cut it down and made the cover for the Cowboy Sewing Machine and a cover for the Jet Bandsaw.  There is Enough left that I can make one for the drill press using the Cowboy. 

Jims 2015 with Shell.jpg

custom cover.jpg

I'd say that your wife definitely sounds like a keeper :-)

What a thoughtful gift, But that's the beauty of living a ling life with a person that you love - you know what'll make each other happy. 

Brgds

Jonas

My first real project, a practice sheath that Miss T decided she wanted me to finish for her.  I was actually just going to tool it and toss it, but she liked the design.  Put a hole in the top and I can hang it from a lanyard while I work at the barn... 

Gave me a chance to actually sew something.  She looked over my shoulder while I did it.

sewn 220603.jpg

I still need to burnish the edges and finish the leather.  But I am pretty happy with the outcome on the sewing.  I took off the "double foot" and installed the" Left Foot Only" and it worked great.

I had my heart set on one of those earlier this year . . . and was about 2 weeks away from going up to get it in Toledo Ohio  . . . 

Was talking to a friend . . . one who knew I did leather . . . we got to talking about it . . . 

Thanks to that conversation . . . I was later given a "gift" amount to help me get the thing . . . and when I went up there . . . fell in love with the 4500 . . . got it and never looked back.

I'll be in debt to my friends for years . . . but it was so much fun . . . sewing 4 belts the other day . . . and not doing them on  a Tippmann Boss.  

May God bless,

Dwight