chuck123wapati

spring flowers and good food

@chuck123wapati Hwy Chuck, good to see you're 'baaaaack'  :) Just a quick update, I'm having all sorts of  issues with ISP's , 'pooters' and 'teknolagee' atm . ( have a look at 'Pet Peeves' thread)  Using public access pooters atm  so I won't be on as much as I used to, not for a while at least. Thats the disadvantage of living in the bush.   Haven't done much cooking lately either, other than the usual plain ol boring evening meals . 

All the best, 

HS

9 hours ago, Handstitched said:

@chuck123wapati Hwy Chuck, good to see you're 'baaaaack'  :) Just a quick update, I'm having all sorts of  issues with ISP's , 'pooters' and 'teknolagee' atm . ( have a look at 'Pet Peeves' thread)  Using public access pooters atm  so I won't be on as much as I used to, not for a while at least. Thats the disadvantage of living in the bush.   Haven't done much cooking lately either, other than the usual plain ol boring evening meals . 

All the best, 

HS

oh well Teknolagee is over rated!! Been doin good here its almost springtime Good to hear from you, I hope everything else is working. remember you can have bread and water or tea and toast its all up to you lol.

Today is eclipse day, and we're supposed to get 99% coverage of the sun. Yeah - woke up to a totally overcast sky, and can't even tell where the sun is... :rolleyes2: [grumble!]

Ah, well, guess that would qualify as a first world problem to most people!

And no, I have no plans to drive anywhere to get a better view of it. According to the weather map, that would mean either driving south of the border, or almost as far east as Quebec!

Edit: Welcome back, Chuck! Glad you are doing well!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

23 minutes ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Today is eclipse day, and we're supposed to get 99% coverage of the sun. Yeah - woke up to a totally overcast sky, and can't even tell where the sun is... :rolleyes2: [grumble!]

Ah, well, guess that would qualify as a first world problem to most people!

And no, I have no plans to drive anywhere to get a better view of it. According to the weather map, that would mean either driving south of the border, or almost as far east as Quebec!

We're expecting about 90% here in Philly.  Skies are clear.  Couldn't find eclipse glasses anywhere, so I'll use a sextant to view.  

I also put together an eclipse kit .....

434342230_805182910939857_5446083597852668408_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Sheilajeanne said:

thank you!!

1 hour ago, billybopp said:

We're expecting about 90% here in Philly.  Skies are clear.  Couldn't find eclipse glasses anywhere, so I'll use a sextant to view.  

I also put together an eclipse kit .....

434342230_805182910939857_5446083597852668408_n.jpg

i took the lens out of my welding helmet and used it on my camera to take pics of the last one. 

20 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

thank you!!

i took the lens out of my welding helmet and used it on my camera to take pics of the last one. 

As it turned out, we didn't get to see much.  I was able to see up to about 1/3 coverage when heavy clouds rolled in ... and just about the time it was all over they rolled out.  I don't mind so much for myself as I've seen several eclipses in the past, but my partner has never seen one, and now still hasn't.   

- Bill

7 minutes ago, billybopp said:

As it turned out, we didn't get to see much.  I was able to see up to about 1/3 coverage when heavy clouds rolled in ... and just about the time it was all over they rolled out.  I don't mind so much for myself as I've seen several eclipses in the past, but my partner has never seen one, and now still hasn't.   

- Bill

dang that's to bad. we got about a half eclipse here but it was cloudy also so I didn't look very long.