xlr8tn

Where do I find this glue for wallet construction?

I've been hunting for this glue for some time.  It looks so easy to spread and not messy at all.  All the eco glues I have are too runny.  Most of the videos that I've seen this glue are S. Korean, and they respond with 'KENDA FARBEN', but I have no idea what kind/version.  Check out this video @7:30.

You might want to check Goods Japan Website

It is not glue . . . it is contact cement . . . he folded it  . . . it stuck . . . contact cement my friend.

May God bless,

Dwight

Yep Contact cement, its what most every one uses:thumbsup:

Clear contact cement. Try searching Duall contact adhesive. Depends which part of the world you are maybe. What you don't see much here is the strands that get around when you load up the swiper. A Kabi glue gun can make it easier.

DSC08070_resize.JPG

I often use a tubed contact glue called  'UHU',

Also if you thin a standard contact adhesive with its maker's cleaner the thinner adhesive is less stringy and much like that in the video

10 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

Yep Contact cement, its what most every one uses

Yep, Thats what I use. I apply it with ' Q' tips, ... cotton earbuds, to put  the CC  precisely where I want it to go   . They're  cheap &  disposable  .

2 hours ago, fredk said:

I often use a tubed contact glue called  'UHU',

Yep, that too  :)   Using adhesives is like having an extra pair of hands, holding stuff while sewing etc.

HS

9 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

Clear contact cement. Try searching Duall contact adhesive. Depends which part of the world you are maybe. What you don't see much here is the strands that get around when you load up the swiper. A Kabi glue gun can make it easier.

DSC08070_resize.JPG

Those glue pumps have tempted me for years but honestly I'm worried I'm just gonna be too lazy to clean it every day and going to find it solid one morning. Do they tend to clog/dry quickly?

7 hours ago, fredk said:

Also if you thin a standard contact adhesive with its maker's cleaner the thinner adhesive is less stringy and much like that in the video

This. I used to use contact cements from the DIY/hardware store or builder's yard. Evo Stik, Everbuild or own brand mostly. All were usually too thick. How much too thick depended on how quickly that store turned over stock. Thinning made things much better -- better wetting out, better adhesion, better economy, reduced glue lines and faster tack. I found that most brands of glue and thinner were compatible.

Since I swapped to industrial leather-specific contact adhesive (Anglo/Abbey 441) I found it comes the right thickness right out the tin (like emulsion house paint), it's cheaper than hardware store stuff and it works even better. Thinner is relegated to the jar where I store brushes and for when I don't go through what's in the glue pot quick enough.

Thinking about it I don't even buy thinner these days. I looked up the primary ingredient on the manufacturer's safety sheet and buy it directly from a lab supply house for significantly less £.

9 hours ago, Matt S said:

Those glue pumps have tempted me for years but honestly I'm worried I'm just gonna be too lazy to clean it every day and going to find it solid one morning. Do they tend to clog/dry quickly?

They come with a plastic cap to go over the brush which keeps it good for about 3 days or more generally. The plastic cap splits after awhile so I just wrap some tape around it to keep it more airtight. I generally keep a few spare brushes all the same and keep them soaking in some thinners between uses. The army type cans come in handy for that -

DSC08074_resize.JPG

Also a bottle with a bolt attached into its lid works well for the spike swapping DSC08072_resize.JPG