ClassicCrafter

Interested in Writing About Leathercraft?

Hey all, I am working on a project that involves creating helpful online pieces about leathercraft and looking for someone that is US-based that would be interested in writing for it. The paid pieces are on varying topics I can provide as we go. Writing experience isn't a huge factor, moreso having a genuine interest in the craft and an honest desire to share that interest in helping others.

Let me know if you'd like to chat, we can explore the idea more. Also if you know of someone that might be interested, please put us in touch.

Edited by ClassicCrafter

I moved your post to the Marketing and Advertising section. If left in Help Wanted, all replies have to await approval from a moderator and can only be posted in that topic. Here, any member can reply to you, including via our private message system. Good luck in your endeavor!

9 hours ago, fredk said:

I'm beginning to think this guy is either a scammer or has mental-health problems and is fantasist. In the minimum I do really believe there is something dodgy or dishonest about this

Hey @fredk, there is nothing nefarious going on with this guy.  He actually started up the International Leather Club and now has a periodical journal including interviews with well-known folks in the leather industry.  I have actually been writing for him for nearly a year.  It is legit.  You are welcome to check out the latest journal at https://www.internationalleatherclub.com/international-leather-journal/.  It is a way to keep the craft alive and teach new generations.  Always looking for new writers to advance the knowledge base of the craft.

19 hours ago, ClassicCrafter said:

Hey all, I am working on a project that involves creating helpful online pieces about leathercraft and looking for someone that is US-based that would be interested in writing for it. The paid pieces are on varying topics I can provide as we go. Writing experience isn't a huge factor, moreso having a genuine interest in the craft and an honest desire to share that interest in helping others.

Let me know if you'd like to chat, we can explore the idea more. Also if you know of someone that might be interested, please put us in touch.

Hi happy to share a bit if you'd like...my passion is for busting some of the common "leather myths" out there.  I don't get much time to write but I do enjoy it.  check out my blog for some of what I've done.

https://nstarleather.wordpress.com/

If you want something for your site hit me up: nstarleather@shtc.net

Edited by nstarleather

Hello All, thank you for your notes and interest, I genuinely appreciate it.

It seems that notifications were not enabled on my end - I had a reminder set today to check thinking, "it's been quiet", and lo and behold, you're all here :) I believe I have the correct settings enabled now, and will check in periodically as well.

Thank you, @PastorBob. @Matt S, @nstarleather, I'll reach out to you.

Wishing you all a great Friday, and happy crafting

On 3/21/2023 at 4:37 PM, Hasters said:

There's no point in even discussing it with them. I agree.

I've been paid twice for articles I've written in the Journal...nothing scammy at all:

https://www.internationalleatherclub.com/international-leather-journal-volume-1-issue-5/

19 hours ago, nstarleather said:

I've been paid twice for articles I've written in the Journal...nothing scammy at all:

https://www.internationalleatherclub.com/international-leather-journal-volume-1-issue-5/

Agreed.  Been with it since its inception.  Legit journal.  not sure who Hasters is either.  Only 2 posts and hasn't been on since last post.  

This, to me, is an example of a thread which should either be deleted entirely or cleaned up, removing posts which are off base.  Not only off base, but make accusations.  That isn't what I want to see when I come to learn about leatherwork.  

I get enough divisiveness elsewhere, don't need it here.