Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Good morning everybody,

Years and years ago in a far away land I too was into leather craft. Tandy’s was just a hop and skip away and materials were easy to go pick up. I loved to lace my work with 1/8” kangaroo lacing but now online it looks like it’s not that much available anymore. There is other lacing like, deer skin, Latigo, Kodiak, calf. I did buy some kangaroo online from a dealer but the edges weren’t chamfered and clean and sharp as Tandy’s. I’ve seen the videos on the tube about making my own lace but I’d probably not do well there. Sooooo……other than kangaroo what are you using?  If you’re using kangaroo where do you get it? 
 

Thanks! 
Dano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only use Kangaroo lace. I get it from Yknot in Montana. Its the best Ive found. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, benlilly1 said:

I only use Kangaroo lace. I get it from Yknot in Montana. Its the best Ive found. 

Thanks for the tip.  I'm going to make some laced reins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Danotriglide

Its no good to you , but all my  roo lace comes from ' Birdsall Leather' NSW Australia . The freight will be ex$y to the US .   But I wonder where US suppliers get their roo lace from,there aren't any kangaroos in the US? ;)

HS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Handstitched said:

@Danotriglide

Its no good to you , but all my  roo lace comes from ' Birdsall Leather' NSW Australia . The freight will be ex$y to the US .   But I wonder where US suppliers get their roo lace from,there aren't any kangaroos in the US? ;)

HS 

Handstitched, I assume Y-knot lace gets lace from Packers in Australia but I'm not sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Handstitched said:

@Danotriglide

Its no good to you , but all my  roo lace comes from ' Birdsall Leather' NSW Australia . The freight will be ex$y to the US .   But I wonder where US suppliers get their roo lace from,there aren't any kangaroos in the US? ;)

HS 

actually i just searched and there are several roo ranches in the states lol maybe them roo burgers aren't so far off after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, benlilly1 said:

I assume Y-knot lace gets lace from Packers in Australia but I'm not sure. 

I get my supplies from them too, mostly roo hides, but I also get some lace from them too . But I find Birdsall lace seems to ' sit' or lay down  better  . They also have both ' classic' ( matt) or glazed lace,  but just a quick rub over with some super shene after lacing  does the same thing :) 

13 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

actually i just searched and there are several roo ranches in the states lol maybe them roo burgers aren't so far off after all.

Thats interesting, run by ' Aussie ex-pats perhaps. 

HS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Springfield leather ha a lot of roo lace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...