Frodo

What would you charge?

No right or wrong answer, prices vary region to region 

but I am curious

this is a simpleimage.thumb.jpg.4bcc915f1ae886ab9226c27accca39d5.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.c61ea15bde75dffe747e3cd6f75f2918.jpg cigarette  case with CC pocket. Hand stamped

what would you charge a customer for this if you did it yourself

$35-55 depending on complexity, personalization, etc.

2 hours ago, Frodo said:

No right or wrong answer,

Just a suggestion to broaden possible customer base. The cig case is a good idea but you should also look at doing something for the vape users. A lot of nicotine addicted people are vaping rather then smoking these days. I am one of those who converted over after 50 + years of smoking and many of those years were smoking 4 packs a day. Not saying it is better health wise but definitely cheaper on the pocket book. Maybe something to look at.

kgg

25-30 for a plain one, a lot of folks like plain things.

35 -40 for one like that decorated with stamps only. Very nice looking by the way.

45 or 50 if they want it tooled.

how long did it take to make that and could we see a finished one you know completely done.

I charged a guy fifty bucks for a key holder for his belt it only holds one truck key but he's happy with it he has had it for about four years now and wears it every day

it's a very small case with no tooling no color $50.00 bucks with all that tooling on yours, wow not sure what it would be worth.

2 hours ago, Samalan said:

how long did it take to make that and could we see a finished one you know completely done.

Stamping took about 30 minutes 
I will be happy to show you it when complete, but, I am out of resist so I have to order more and that is a solid week wait time 

here is a Skoal holster the same guy ordered 40 bucks

9F9DE746-0128-4B25-990E-1C99EBCC1ED3.jpeg.443486c2b3a0b726ce571f9fda258ec6.jpeg868BB7C8-076B-4FAA-8B50-07FF44E28997.jpeg.62404a64b57c4c12534e119401777bc0.jpeg

I'm in a unsure way about it too FRODO.  Good idea though !

Pricing is always a hassle for me. always a different this or that,  here or there.

I'm told, a standard idea is:  (The cost of materials) ( +the cost of Labor, times two) is just one way to go. 

And of course there are other formula's out there as well.

But,  I always struggle when it comes to pulling on other people's purse strings,  too hard,

I don't want to be done that way myself . So in essence I'm never sure either ! Sorry for the rant !

17 hours ago, Frodo said:

what would you charge a customer for this if you did it yourself

$60 - $65 bucks. I used to make tobacco  pouches, but the demand has dropped out. 

The cost of tobacco in Oz  is astronomical.  I also used to be a smoker , gave up ' cold turkey' 25 yrs ago . ' Tobacco was around the $20- 30  mark for 50 gm pack,  but now anywhere around $70-80 upwards, therefore I hardly ever make pouches these days . 

HS

Thanks for showing Frodo like to see the other one when it done 

4 hours ago, Samalan said:

Thanks for showing Frodo like to see the other one when it done 

Not done

but as close as it will get till the resist arrives and I can rub them edges

image.thumb.jpg.72cfa261bc5da2301cc3112c554a3861.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.0d3a3ff1f64fbc8582f28e5bfb8d306a.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.f87817e156f668509a783fceadc4e79d.jpg

8 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Not done

but as close as it will get till the resist arrives and I can rub them edges

image.thumb.jpg.72cfa261bc5da2301cc3112c554a3861.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.0d3a3ff1f64fbc8582f28e5bfb8d306a.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.f87817e156f668509a783fceadc4e79d.jpg

that's going to look great man, it an awesome design, which machine did you sew it with i can see some tracking along the edge.

that's going to look really nice with the resist and antique what's on it now.  as far as how much it's worth I think that starts with what  you think it's worth and start to develop a price point from there factoring in all sorts of things like materials, overhead, time and time on a one-off thing needs to include design, ordering materials, and so forth sometimes it's about who is doing the buying and why anyway I would say not less than $50.00 Bucks But then what the hell do I know.

17 hours ago, Samalan said:

that's going to look really nice with the resist and antique what's on it now.  as far as how much it's worth I think that starts with what  you think it's worth and start to develop a price point from there factoring in all sorts of things like materials, overhead, time and time on a one-off thing needs to include design, ordering materials, and so forth sometimes it's about who is doing the buying and why anyway I would say not less than $50.00 Bucks But then what the hell do I know.

I charged him 50. 90 for the pair 

That sounds like a deal to me good job Frodo.

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

I charged him 50. 90 for the pair 

and well worth it!! those look great.