I've been using highly diluted Fiebings Red to try to get  good pink, for years. All o can get is a light, washed-out looking color before the red takes over.

Angelus has a Light Rose that they say can be Pink.

Does anyone have experience with it and can you post photos of the pinks that you have gotten?

Far from a color expert, but have you tried adding white to your red instead of diluting it?

I have used Orion calf's pink and it works well. However I think they may be out of business. So that probably won't help much.

12 hours ago, blue duck said:

Far from a color expert, but have you tried adding white to your red instead of diluting it?

I have used Orion calf's pink and it works well. However I think they may be out of business. So that probably won't help much.

The only white leather dye I've ever sen is the Fiebings version and it not only stinks to high heaven, it does not appear to be an alcohol based dye. So, I'm not sure how that would work.
But, in theory, it makes sense..
what did  you use?
I'll search for that Orions Calf Pin.
Thanks

Springfield leather has Fenice  diamond waterstain in Fuchsia, all of the Fenice colors are vibrant if you mix some white with the Fuchsia you will have bright pink I have been using Fenice waterstains for about a year and I no longer buy Feibings. For the white I have thinned down the angelus paint and they mix well because they are both waterbased.

I have used Angelus' Pink in this project:
Skull Bag

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

Edited by Northmount
Replace link with uploaded photos from the link

The back and edges look exactly like I need.  Thanks. 

Did you have to dilute it?

4 hours ago, TomG said:

The back and edges look exactly like I need.  Thanks. 

Did you have to dilute it?

No, I used it straight, onto vegtan leather. 

Take a look at the Fiebing's Oxblood, diluted 50/50.  You would be surprised.  Think there may be some photos on this site too showing how bright it comes out.

edit to say:  found one of them.

Edited by YinTx

On 4/16/2023 at 12:41 AM, DJole said:

I have used Angelus' Pink in this project:
Skull Bag

Please post photos here on LW.  I have copied your photos and uploaded them to your post.  Reason for requesting you to post your photos here is so they will stay around as long as the post itself.  If you change your web page for any reason, these photos would be lost and that would make much of this thread useless to other members as they research similar queries.  Further, many members do not like to click on links that could be suspect.

3 hours ago, Northmount said:

Please post photos here on LW.  I have copied your photos and uploaded them to your post.  Reason for requesting you to post your photos here is so they will stay around as long as the post itself.  If you change your web page for any reason, these photos would be lost and that would make much of this thread useless to other members as they research similar queries.  Further, many members do not like to click on links that could be suspect.

Oh, right. I forgot about that. Let me upload the photos for future reference.

skullEdgeDetail.jpg

SkullFront.jpg

Edited by DJole