Bert03241

ajustable snap

I want to put a line 24 snap on a strap and then make the strap length adjustable , I know this is simple but I'm having a brain fart. what do I need for this.

34 minutes ago, Bert03241 said:

I want to put a line 24 snap on a strap and then make the strap length adjustable , I know this is simple but I'm having a brain fart. what do I need for this.

I would say either mount two or three bottom parts on a strap and one top part on another strap or mount a center bar buckle with the bottom part on it so you can shorten it. 

What are you working on? I'm trying to picture what you would be using this for.

Tandy does a 3-bar strap slider with part of a snap attached

https://www.tandyleather.world/collections/hardware/products/plastic-slide-snap

you might be able to jury-rig something similar 

39 minutes ago, fredk said:

Tandy does a 3-bar strap slider with part of a snap attached

https://www.tandyleather.world/collections/hardware/products/plastic-slide-snap

you might be able to jury-rig something similar 

this is exactly what I want, tandy has none and amozon wants 6 bucks for 1 NOT

1 hour ago, ArkieNewbie said:

I would say either mount two or three bottom parts on a strap and one top part on another strap or mount a center bar buckle with the bottom part on it so you can shorten it. 

What are you working on? I'm trying to picture what you would be using this for.

Insert a 3/4" wide strap into the plastic slide and use it to secure a pistol in the holster or other creative purposes where an adjustable strap is needed.

Make a 3-bar slide with snap base out of a piece of thick stiff leather, copy the Tandy one but in leather

A Conway buckle would allow adjusting the length and detaching the strap.

17 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

What I always do is go to the other end of the strap . . . I generally use 3/4 inch for the strap . . . and at the other end I punch two 5/8 inch oblong holes.

Thread the strap thru the holes . . . and you can tug one end or the other to lengthen or shorten.

I've done this especially for those who prefer a suicide strap on their weapon instead of a thumb break.

May God bless,

Dwight