JWheeler331

Brotherhood Of The Traveling 1858 Holster

Pietta has sent me the Brotherhood Of The Traveling 1858 revolver to test out for a month. If you are not familar with this revolver, Pietta is sending the revolver in a nice wooden box along with a journal for the tester to write notes about their experience with the gun, words of wisdom, scripture or just whatever the person wants. Then when their month is up the gun travels on to the next person who will then spend a month with the revolver. 

Well, once I got the revolver in the first thing I did was make a holster that I am planning on sending with the revolver to the next person. 

IMG_5413_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

IMG_5414_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

IMG_5525_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

IMG_5524_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

Edited by JWheeler331

dang nice thing you got into there how did you get so lucky? !! the holster is a standout for sure and looks great with it.

49 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

dang nice thing you got into there how did you get so lucky? !! the holster is a standout for sure and looks great with it.

Thanks. I am not sure what their criteria is for selecting the next person but it could be because of either my IG page which is mostly cowboy gun related or my YT account which is largely the same. Thanks for the comment on the holster. 

Edited by JWheeler331

An interesting concept by Pietta. That revolver has a LOT of engraving, and yes, the holster looks great, simple but with just a touch of embellishment (and period-correct).:specool:

That holster looks great! I read about that gun on a muzzleloader forum last week, it's a beauty.

Good looking gun . . . holster certainly is great as well.

I'd love to have one like that with one change . . . redrill the cylinder to accept .45LC

Just not a black powder fan.

May God bless,

Dwight

Certain cap and ball revolvers will take conversion cylinders. I have a Ruger old army that will take a .45 LC cylinder, I don’t have one though. I like my cap and ball guns!

That's a really nice pistol and the holster is classy. At the risk of being 'that guy' I would offer that matching the pattern on the pistol with simple swivel knife cuts on the holster would be really cool. You have it for a month ... Just saying

Randy

Very nice J!

On 6/21/2023 at 6:22 PM, dikman said:

An interesting concept by Pietta. That revolver has a LOT of engraving, and yes, the holster looks great, simple but with just a touch of embellishment (and period-correct).:specool:

Thank you. 

On 6/21/2023 at 7:03 PM, bladegrinder said:

That holster looks great! I read about that gun on a muzzleloader forum last week, it's a beauty.

Oh cool. I am not on that forum. 

On 6/21/2023 at 10:19 PM, Dwight said:

Good looking gun . . . holster certainly is great as well.

I'd love to have one like that with one change . . . redrill the cylinder to accept .45LC

Just not a black powder fan.

May God bless,

Dwight

You could always put in a conversion cylinder. Thanks for the comment. 

On 6/22/2023 at 5:36 AM, bladegrinder said:

Certain cap and ball revolvers will take conversion cylinders. I have a Ruger old army that will take a .45 LC cylinder, I don’t have one though. I like my cap and ball guns!

Indeed. One of the guys who used this one before me talks in the journal about using his conversion cylinder in it. 

On 6/22/2023 at 7:38 AM, rktaylor said:

That's a really nice pistol and the holster is classy. At the risk of being 'that guy' I would offer that matching the pattern on the pistol with simple swivel knife cuts on the holster would be really cool. You have it for a month ... Just saying

Randy

I guess that would be pretty cool. I may think on it and if I have the time......maybe I will. 

On 6/22/2023 at 7:58 PM, Hags said:

Very nice J!

Thank you Hags. 

For any of those interested here is a video.