Dgaz

China leather tool makers

I was looking at Yangzhi tools for their leather belt buckles. They said they do not have a web page has anyone bought from him before? and how are they on delivery?

Thanks

Dave

56 minutes ago, Tugadude said:

These people?  Nice looking but I avoid China whenever possible.  Personal choice, YMMV.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaZVgETPajY/

:16:

Yup.  If there are choices, take the other one.

The links you sent me here are the same ones I was looking at

I don't know the seller asked about but may I say ; I have no real other option BUT to buy a lot of supplies out of China. I often buy as cheap* as I can because if I get garbage I've not wasted too much money, plus I buy through ebay & paypal so I can get refunds easily. Other than the odd China seller I regularly use about 6 Chinese sellers. So far no problems with quality and currently items take about 10 to 15 days to reach me (by comparison, items from GB are taking 7 to 10 days to reach me)

I would buy locally if the item was made locally, but its usually imported from China and the price is higher (thats business)

I'd say weigh up the cost/quality with anything you can get locally. If the things are made locally and are of equal or better quality give your money to them. Otherwise don't fear the Chinaman. And, does that one you are asking about take payment by paypal or credit card? With paypal its quite easy to get refunds, you can get refunds thru your credit card but the limit is higher and its harder

* eg, shopping around on ebay I found a French skiver and bought it for £5.80, other Chinese and UK sellers had the same item (they use the same photo and word description verbatim) priced up to over £25. The skiver is excellent and sharp enough to use as it came

waffle mode off

1 hour ago, Dgaz said:

The links you sent me here are the same ones I was looking at

I wanted to make certain it was the same company.  Sorry if this turned into a "anti-China" thread, but I believe it is best to try to find alternative sources.  For what it's worth, based on the photos, the products look nice.  There is a spectrum of quality in China just like everywhere else.  There is junk and then there is some really, really quality stuff.  And everything in-between. 

Perhaps you'll find someone here who has done business with this specific manufacturer, but don't be surprised if you don't.

Regarding "fearing the Chinaman", as stated above, that misses the entire point.  I have nothing against the Chinese people, it is their government I have an issue with.  They have no power and when they try to speak up, we all know all too well what happens to them.  And then there are the human rights abuses with forced labor and interment camps.  

They also have no respect for copyright or any other intellectual property laws.  They copy everything and they are very good at it.  

In one of my other hobbies, creators will write books or publish videos which sell for anywhere from tens to hundreds of dollars.  You can get them a month later from Chinese sites for $1.99.

Need I say more?  I think not.  

We all buy things made in China because sadly we sometimes have no option.  Many of the drugs we are taking come from there.  But when I have a choice, I choose not to.  And I hope others begin to follow suit.  But if they insist, not much I can do about it. 

One other thing I'd like to add; check the seller's address. Several times I've bought more than a few items from different China sellers. Bought within about 5 days. All the items came in one package from one address. I did some checking and I don't yet know if one seller is using several business names or several businesses are based in one office block. Thanks to Google maps I was able to get views of those business addresses and saw they were large buildings with many floors. Thus when I'm buying from a new to me seller I sometimes check the address to see if they are associated with others. Sometimes it has turned out an associated seller has the same item at a different price

Fred, here in Oz we have little choice as our manufacturing base is now minimal, thanks to successive government policies. Most of the items I end up buying are made in China and sold here at highly inflated prices compared to buying them from ebay/aliexpress - much as you've found. Many are advertised on ebay as "local supply", with an Australian city as location, but in reality they are drop-shipped from China once the order is placed. I hate that but it's difficult to determine before ordering if they are doing that, other than a long delivery time.

And yes, I've often found the same item, sold by different sellers and with identical advertising so I figure it's likely the same company just using different seller names to give people the impression they have choices. It's all a bit of a game dealing with these people.

Have you ever heard of the 'Silk Road'? it was the way, the routes, used by the ancient Chinese to export silk, tea and other goods to the Middle East, where European traders bought them, then got the goods to old Europe and even to the American colonies

About 2010/2012 the Chinese started the 'Silk Train'. Its a very long train, much longer than even US or Australian trains. It travels from China across upper Asia through Russia, through Poland and on to Belgium. It brings goods from China directly to Europe. This train has some unusual features. It has cars dedicated to ebay sales (and other on-line sites). Using modern technology, whenever a sale is made of certain popular products the sales info is sent to the train car where an operative picks the pre-packaged item, prints out the address label and drops the package into the mail bag. These are off-loaded at certain intervals. One reason the Chinese sellers do not offer combined postage on certain items

A Silk Train leaves China every day of the week. It takes roughly 8 to 12 days for it to arrive in Belgium. It travels fairly slowly and is self-contained

I was informed of all this by a friend who worked in European Customs and was part of the EU team who worked on the system to make it work, that is, getting through EU customs

Anyone who knows of the UK's Royal Mail travelling postal sorting office night trains will know that this Chinese Silk Train can do this

Very old film of the TPO Night Train, but afaik they still run, they certainly did when I was a Postie - I did a few shifts on them

What I dislike about Yangzhi tools is not their location or nationality, but the fact that they don't have a website. But then, I am not an Instagram user and have no idea how it works. If you are happy buying there and can't find a local manufacturer (!), go ahead. 

I figure the Chinese people must fix their government themselves if they are unhappy with it. I buy from China if I need to (a Seagull watch only available from the manufacturer), if things are very much cheaper (usually I get what I paid for) and recently because I forgot to check the seller's address on Amazon (but then it was the only one for this exact product). Mostly I avoid Aliexpress because of the horrible search engine and the awful descriptions...  

16 hours ago, Tugadude said:

Regarding "fearing the Chinaman", as stated above, that misses the entire point.  I have nothing against the Chinese people, it is their government I have an issue with.  They have no power and when they try to speak up, we all know all too well what happens to them.  And then there are the human rights abuses with forced labor and interment camps.  

They also have no respect for copyright or any other intellectual property laws.  They copy everything and they are very good at it.  

In one of my other hobbies, creators will write books or publish videos which sell for anywhere from tens to hundreds of dollars.  You can get them a month later from Chinese sites for $1.99.

Need I say more?  I think not.  

We all buy things made in China because sadly we sometimes have no option.  Many of the drugs we are taking come from there.  But when I have a choice, I choose not to.  And I hope others begin to follow suit.  But if they insist, not much I can do about it. 

Don't fear the China man? Wow what blissful ignorance. 

c'mon say it like it really is, the UN gave China the monopoly on manufacturing via the climate change accord. Biden sold us out and sealed the deal by destroying our economy during the covid lockdown and the rest of the world quietly followed suit too. The Chinese control the global economy now and will for a long time because our governments willingly gave it to them. 

BUT i can see this thread getting taken down if we discuss this anymore, to many people have been conditioned to ignore reality or are just plain being lied to.

So I'll end my comments with, yay Chinese products very very good, they can even get you a kidney when ever you want one.