WalterF

Made a Quotebook Cover

Made a post on another page and a person mentioned "Quote Book". Had to look up what it was, a book for recording memories and events. This way as you get older you can look back in it, plus your kids would have a way of remembering you and sharing with theirs.
The notebooks came today, a cover was needed to make it special. Spent the afternoon making it.

Have hammered the stitches yet, will do it.

Front with FP Sport 1 w.jpg

Very nice work. 

yup, nice work

In the past a book like this was called a Journal

5 hours ago, BigBore said:

Very nice work. 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, fredk said:

yup, nice work

In the past a book like this was called a Journal

A journal is more personal thoughts you might not want viewed by others. This is written with the view of it being shared.

Edited by WalterF

Very nice.  I like the pen also.  My mother was a fountain pen collector.  Even wrote a book on inkwells, the ornate, desk set types.  What brand is the pen?

2 minutes ago, Tugadude said:

Very nice.  I like the pen also.  My mother was a fountain pen collector.  Even wrote a book on inkwells, the ornate, desk set types.  What brand is the pen?

Thank you, it is a Kaweco, Brass Sport with EF nib. I prefer Japanese pens over Western, the nibs are finer. Got it on Amazon 43 dollars.

12 minutes ago, WalterF said:

Thank you, it is a Kaweco, Brass Sport with EF nib. I prefer Japanese pens over Western, the nibs are finer. Got it on Amazon 43 dollars.

Thanks.  There are now several companies putting out fountain pens designed for the EDC enthusiast.  Many are metals, titanium, brass, and copper, and smaller than the usual desk-style pens.  Good times!

2 minutes ago, Tugadude said:

Thanks.  There are now several companies putting out fountain pens designed for the EDC enthusiast.  Many are metals, titanium, brass, and copper, and smaller than the usual desk-style pens.  Good times!

Surprised to see another Fountain Pen enthusiast, it is good times with the inks and pens.

3 minutes ago, WalterF said:

Surprised to see another Fountain Pen enthusiast, it is good times with the inks and pens.

I'm a throwback in a lot of areas I guess.  Writing on paper, in general, is a lost art.  Many take notes on their phone or tablet.  I'm stubbornly refusing to give up my ink.

4 minutes ago, Tugadude said:

I'm a throwback in a lot of areas I guess.  Writing on paper, in general, is a lost art.  Many take notes on their phone or tablet.  I'm stubbornly refusing to give up my ink.

Understood, New way of writing in code, cursive they won't be able to read it.

That's a fine cover you made. It's most suitable for the purpose. The pen is a nice touch, too. I have a few classic fountain pens but never got into using them, other than for calligraphy. I haven't done any of that for quite a time, now. I do appreciate a good pen, though. Nice work, I hope it is fully appreciated by your family some day when you're no longer around.

Very, very nice. Beautiful font.

11 hours ago, MarshalWill said:

That's a fine cover you made. It's most suitable for the purpose. The pen is a nice touch, too. I have a few classic fountain pens but never got into using them, other than for calligraphy. I haven't done any of that for quite a time, now. I do appreciate a good pen, though. Nice work, I hope it is fully appreciated by your family some day when you're no longer around.

Thank you for the kind words. I hope so it is more for our grandkids and beyond. Might start a tradition.

33 minutes ago, Hags said:

Very, very nice. Beautiful font.

Thank you, the font scared me when I first saw it. The thin lines had me timid.

That is stunning! A quietly elegant looking book. 

Very very NICELY done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!