Sign in to follow this  
falcon45

Need to purchase needles...

Where can I purchase these needles & what does 200/25 mean.  (New to purchasing needles).

20230815_114037.thumb.jpg.59e6cd19bf90a09b64d82f092efdeead.jpg

@falcon45 Size #25 is from US & size#200 is metric so  both # are the same size,we do have these in stock.

Edited by CowboyBob

@falcon45 Just to add to what CowboyBob said... Size 25 needles are for v277 thread.  Is that what you're using?  For v346 you'd use size 26-28.  You're sewing leather?  If so, make sure you get leather needles if possible.

1 hour ago, MtlBiker said:

get leather needles

I think 794 means it's leather needles ;)

But I use #24 for 277 thread ...

15 hours ago, JLSleather said:

I think 794 means it's leather needles ;)

But I use #24 for 277 thread ...

I thought 794 was the needle system type, but maybe the "DIA" means diamond point.  The Thread Exchange suggests that for 277 thread needle size should be 24-26.  So depending on the leather assembly, #24 might be a bit on the small side.

I like LL point needles - lots of posts of mine already tellin' a fella why that is, so I'll skip that here.

Bob K. prolly got some D or some S point that'll do jus' fine ;)

Hello,

I am new to the web site and leather sewing. I purchased a Tippman Aerostitch machine and need some information on needles please. 

1.) Where I can find needles for this machine, I tried contacting the company by email and phone with no reply?  The auto reply says they will reopen on Jan. 3rd!  well that didn't

work very well!  

2.). Does the smaller number designate a smaller needle?  I have some large needles that came with the machine, but the projects I have need smaller ones.

3.) Does anyone know where I can go to find answers to tension issues I'm having?  At one time I had the tension set properly, then I had to change bobbin thread after that, poof!

I've tried using the adjustments in the manual and even changing bobbins to no avail. 

Any assistance anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Rtmamba

1 hour ago, RTMamba said:

I am new to the web site and leather sewing. I purchased a Tippman Aerostitch machine and need some information on needles please. 

Post this request in Home > Fabrication > Leather Sewing Machines  Start a new thread.

You'll get more response there.

Northmount,

Thank You