Hags

First shoulder holster

My neighbor asked me to make a shoulder holster for his S&W Tactical 40. I have been avoiding these things, but, it was time to bite the bullet and try one. HO 8/9 for the holster, HO 5/6 for the rest, doubled on the bottom part. 277 bonded nylon throughout,  resolene 50/50 on all. Nowhere near perfect, but I think it's a pretty good start. The conchos allow for some movement between the top and bottom.  Big shout out to J.Roscoe shoulder holsters for the idea of the conchos. Still a ways to go. I compressed the photos, but still could only load 2. And that's 1in elastic across the back. 

20230827_165641.jpg

20230827_165658.jpg

7 minutes ago, Hags said:

My neighbor asked me to make a shoulder holster for his S&W Tactical 40. I have been avoiding these things, but, it was time to bite the bullet and try one. HO 8/9 for the holster, HO 5/6 for the rest, doubled on the bottom part. 277 bonded nylon throughout,  resolene 50/50 on all. Nowhere near perfect, but I think it's a pretty good start. The conchos allow for some movement between the top and bottom.  Big shout out to J.Roscoe shoulder holsters for the idea of the conchos. Still a ways to go. I compressed the photos, but still could only load 2. And that's 1in elastic across the back. 

20230827_165641.jpg

20230827_165658.jpg

You did a good job there . . . just add a few comments on those I do.

Between the holster and the shoulder holding strap . . . slip a folded piece of thin leather with a 1 inch wide rectangular metal ring.   

That allows you to attach and detach a belt holder . . . which will stabilize the holster much better . . . especially for drawing.  

Elastic bothers me . . . so I use a 1 inch by 7 oz by about 48 inch leather strap . . . chicago screws . . . and one folded keeper . . . works out real well for me.

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

Thanks Dwight, we discussed a belt keeper and he voted against it. I think it's a good idea, but we'll see. Also not a big fan of elastic,  but he saw and old rig that had it and thought it was needed. I had it around from suspenders. Not really a bad thing though,  all considered. Constructive thoughts that are appreciated.  Thank you.

Very Nice !!!

The pivots really make these comfortable . I use 5 oz for the strap and also connect with Chicago screws to let these be pivots as well  , just kind of molds to the wearer .

IMG_1638.JPG

Looks good. 

Ended up convincing him the belt loop was a good idea. Added as Dwight described.