kgg

Revised Class 441 Table Top

I did have a couple of comments that my first articulating table top attachment was shall we be honest and say a little overly complicated, the mounting hardware took away from the look of the machine and looked clumsy. So I think I have corrected those concerns while still allowing it to be swing away and be stored underneath the cylinder arm.

The twist to the original table top attachment is that is now modular and I have added two drop down straight edge sewing guides. The surfaces of the table top and edge guides that any material will touch are really smooth / slick to prevent catching and reduce tension. The straight edge guides can be used together (one on each side of the needle) or individually (to the left or right of the needle). The front and back drop down sections have measurement marks in their surfaces with half moon marks indicating "inch" marks from the center of the needle so getting accurate and straight alignment of the straight guides is pretty easy.

Also in the photo's is a adapter that I made that attaches to the existing vertical lifting rod for raising the presser foot up by hand. This is a rough working prototype as the original knuckle buster round black ball on the end of the vertical rod was a royal pain to get too with my chubby fingers. By extending it out towards the front of the machine it is much easier get to and more accurate to operate.

The last two photo's are of the original vertical attachment and the new horizontal attachment. I know my welding skills are in need of improvement so for those who know how to weld have a chuckle and bear with me.

There is another addition to this table top attachment that will extend it's size to about 10" x 16" that I will probably complete a little later on.
I would like to thank @MtlBiker for his input throughout this project.

All comments and or suggestions are always welcomed.

kgg

nt1.jpg

nt3.jpg

nt7.jpg

nt8.jpg

nt9.jpg

nt10.jpg

nt11.jpg

nt12.jpg

swing1.jpg

The table looks great! 

The lifter is even worse to use if you fit a drop-down edge guide! As for your welding, you obviously haven't seen mine.

Your next project - make a sewing machine using the 3D printer.:lol:

Edited by dikman

12 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

The table looks great! 

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment.

1 hour ago, dikman said:

The lifter is even worse to use if you fit a drop-down edge guide!

I haven't tried a drop-down edge guide on the 441. I know when I did the installation of one on the Sailrite LSZ-1 clone it wasn't as convenient as I thought it would be and wound up in a spare parts bin somewhere in the basement. I can see that it could get a bit crowded in that section and with my chubby hands I would probably skin a couple knuckles.

1 hour ago, dikman said:

As for your welding, you obviously haven't seen mine.

HaHa

1 hour ago, dikman said:

Your next project - make a sewing machine using the 3D printer

That would be a nice winters project. Maybe something like a one armed bandit.

kgg

You really do amazing work!  Design and implementation.  Kudos!  I love the carbon-fibre look of your table.  Very cool.

The only thing I don't care for is the velcro strap you have for swinging the table away/down.  Makes it look kinda cheap in opinion.  I'd rather simply remove the table and store it elsewhere when not in use.

I can see that for your purposes such a small table attachment (you'd use it mostly for bindings I guess) is fine, but for me I'd prefer a much larger table.  The purchased aluminum flatbed table attachment I bought for my 2750 Pro is really the minimum size I'd want.  Otherwise I don't think it could replace a dedicated flatbed machine like my Consew 206RB-5.  Do you have any plans/needs to make a larger table?  I could actually see a use for two sizes of table... one for small things where you really only need a small tabletop and another for larger items.

But my opinions are only worth two cents (Canadian!).  :)

30 minutes ago, MtlBiker said:

You really do amazing work!  Design and implementation.  Kudos!  I love the carbon-fibre look of your table.  Very cool.

Thank you.

31 minutes ago, MtlBiker said:

The only thing I don't care for is the velcro strap you have for swinging the table away/down.  Makes it look kinda cheap in opinion.  I'd rather simply remove the table and store it elsewhere when not in use.

I'm working on getting rid of the velcro strap.

32 minutes ago, MtlBiker said:

Do you have any plans/needs to make a larger table? 

Working on a 10" X 16". Just got to finish the presser foot lift and a swing away roller edge guide.

35 minutes ago, MtlBiker said:

But my opinions are only worth two cents (Canadian!).

All opinions and comments are invaluable regardless of currency.

kgg