c2369zulu

Laser cut pocket sheath for Half Face Blades Featherlight

A little laser cut project I recently completed for one of my EDC knives. It is really tight even after wet mold, so I will likely go back and adjust the throat a little.....

Sheath.jpg

Sheath2.jpg

Sheath3.jpg

Love the design and your stitching looks really good!

Where did you get that pocket clip? That's a really cool design! 

I love my lasers for cutting out patterns! The exactness and repeatability can't be beat!

3 hours ago, ArkieNewbie said:

Love the design and your stitching looks really good!

Where did you get that pocket clip? That's a really cool design! 

I love my lasers for cutting out patterns! The exactness and repeatability can't be beat!

Thanks so much! Yes, I agree 100% with you on cutting out patterns and stitching holes now (when the settings are right, lol). At first I did not really like the larger stitch holes, but they are growing on me, and make stitching so much easier. Still a lot of challenges to deal with like the singed edges, smell and soot getting on stitching thread, but I'll still take it......

The clip is an Ulti-Clip Slim 3.3....

That's a mighty good sheath design. Clean, functional, classy. I also like that clip. It looks like it is reversible for left or right wear. Is that correct? It also looks like it would work good in a boot. So where did you get that clip?

Very nice!

That is a really sharp design. Do you mind if I riff off it for a pocket sheath I'm probably going to redo? I did this one for a small fixed blade I pocket carry but need to make a few adjustments. I'd love to lift some of your design choices. 

12 hours ago, MarshalWill said:

That's a mighty good sheath design. Clean, functional, classy. I also like that clip. It looks like it is reversible for left or right wear. Is that correct? It also looks like it would work good in a boot. So where did you get that clip?

Thank you! Yes, the clip is ambidextrous. Ulti-Clip. Got mine from Amazon IIRC.

7 hours ago, Hags said:

Very nice!

Thank you!

4 hours ago, c2369zulu said:

Thank you! Yes, the clip is ambidextrous. Ulti-Clip. Got mine from Amazon IIRC.

Thanks. I'll look for them.

Good looking shealth.

I tried having the laser cut the holes. I got so many comment about the large holes I went back to using the stitching chisels . I have the laser cut a line where my holes will be then punch out with the chisel. This embeds the thread just a little and helps with wear on the threads.

That looks great!

On 10/16/2023 at 3:48 PM, Bert03241 said:

Good looking shealth.

I tried having the laser cut the holes. I got so many comment about the large holes I went back to using the stitching chisels . I have the laser cut a line where my holes will be then punch out with the chisel. This embeds the thread just a little and helps with wear on the threads.

If you are using a Diode laser the holes would be larger. My CO2 Omtech can cut/burn some mighty small holes.

Smell on cut leather can be minimized by using "Ozium" spray. Don't breath the spray. When I use it I spray in the shop and leave for 10 or 15 minutes. Makes the shop smell good. lol

Ferg I have a 60 watt Rabbit co2, sure I could make smaller holes but then you still have the black soot getting the thread and black when sewing. I just find the chisels make much cleaner and neater holes:yes:

Edited by Bert03241