chuck123wapati

ten round bullet pouches

Or what ever you want to call em. I made a couple, they aren't much to look at and my camera is weirding out, it took these two blurry pics then said the chip was write protected.

The first one i made is the dog eared one, the second one came out better. No dye just feibings golden mink oil.  the splotchy-ness will  even out as the oil penetrates and they will get a nice tan out in the woods.

once i get back I will clean up the pattern, make some minor adjustments and some for different calibers then they will be saleable.

bulletpouch1.jpg

bulletpouch2.jpg

Those will work well!  I'll bet people will scoop up those quick for hunting season.

Nice work Chuck and I like the modeled look  !!

Now don't shoot all of those at one elk :spoton: Good luck

1 hour ago, Gezzer said:

Nice work Chuck and I like the modeled look  !!

Now don't shoot all of those at one elk :spoton: Good luck

I've  done that  lol and never cut a hair, thanks, its better to have em and not need em than to need them and not have them. 

Hummm ?

10rd?

I like that idea, I make 5 rd ones and yes they sell,  the snaps keep the rounds from falling out while walking 

IMG_0057.jpeg

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

Hummm ?

10rd?

I like that idea, I make 5 rd ones and yes they sell,  the snaps keep the rounds from falling out while walking 

IMG_0057.jpeg

i put five in each pouch because that's what my rifle holds, its a one hand grab to re load.  i can also carry stripper clips in them for my Mauser.

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

Hummm ?

10rd?

IMG_0057.jpeg

ummm... that looks like 6 to me, not 5, lol

My rifle only holds Five also,  you made a 10 round pouch that will last you all weekend . I like that idea very much

most of the hunters that buy mine are sick and tired of three cheap spandex thing on the rifle butt , the holes stretch out and you lose ammo in the woods

2 minutes ago, Heartless said:

Doubles as a pouch for my 44 mag 

I like your 10-rd pouches. They are a good design.. They're reminiscent of an M1876 McKeever Cartridge Box.

original (1).jpg

2 hours ago, Heartless said:

that one is Frodos, mine are at the top.

2 hours ago, Frodo said:

My rifle only holds Five also,  you made a 10 round pouch that will last you all weekend . I like that idea very much

most of the hunters that buy mine are sick and tired of three cheap spandex thing on the rifle butt , the holes stretch out and you lose ammo in the woods

yea I've thrown a butt stock bullet holder away myself. rimless shells don't work well in them even new.

4 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

Sorry Chuck, I should not have walked on your thread 

3 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Sorry Chuck, I should not have walked on your thread 

hey that's no problem at all my friend i like to see what others have done and I think it helps others to see a few different patterns in the same thread. I hope more styles show up to talk about.

Looks good Chuck, ready for the woods!

1 hour ago, bladegrinder said:

Looks good Chuck, ready for the woods!

thanks! they are and so am I, need to go touch some grass and get planted again. lol I'm to grumpy.

I use to drive five hours to hunt, now I live on the property yee ha! now I never walk more than 200 yards from the house. bow season starts here next week.

8 hours ago, bladegrinder said:

I use to drive five hours to hunt, now I live on the property yee ha! now I never walk more than 200 yards from the house. bow season starts here next week.

Dang your a lucky man my friend!! you should have your critter picked out.

less than 3" wide so there is plenty of room on the belt for other stuff.

On 10/8/2023 at 9:35 AM, chuck123wapati said:

and i didnt quote you, did i?

Honestly, I think i like your version better, Chuck, nice and compact, and well put together.
We dont have anything that requires shells of that size, so...
not big enough for the shotgun (that would get rather bulky quickly), and far too big for the savage .22, lol - for the handguns, i think i would rather just have 2nd clips... 

23 minutes ago, Heartless said:

and i didnt quote you, did i?

Honestly, I think i like your version better, Chuck, nice and compact, and well put together.
We dont have anything that requires shells of that size, so...
not big enough for the shotgun (that would get rather bulky quickly), and far too big for the savage .22, lol - for the handguns, i think i would rather just have 2nd clips... 

That went right over my head!

Thank you.

a shot gun holds three a double barrel two so I think mine would work well made to hold four or six, they would be awesome shooting skeet at the range with a double. . 22s and small handguns prolly not. now big revolvers 44 mag or larger maybe. I'll be experimenting this winter for sure. 

had to make another for my son, this one is for 308s and I finished it a bit better, well I put some edge coat on it and burnished it some lol. notice one stitch to long on one side lol. shhh don't tell him.

bulletpouch3.jpg

bulletpouch4.jpg

23 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

a shot gun holds three a double barrel two so I think mine would work well made to hold four or six,

we have a Mossberg 500 pump action 12ga, with interchangeable barrels (smooth and rifled) that holds 6 shells fully loaded, one in the chamber - so yeah, 6 would be ideal

I bought the little Savage .22 rifle for critter control... the rabbits can get a bit out of hand out here and the shotgun is a bit much for that. I can handle it if i have to, but dang my shoulder is sore for a week afterwards, LOL the .22 is just a lot easier for me

16 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

notice one stitch to long on one side lol. shhh don't tell him.

i wont tell if you dont tell, LOL

seriously tho, it looks fine and I am sure he will get many years of use from it.

On 10/10/2023 at 2:26 PM, chuck123wapati said:

had to make another for my son, this one is for 308s and I finished it a bit better, well I put some edge coat on it and burnished it some lol. notice one stitch to long on one side lol. shhh don't tell him.

bulletpouch3.jpg

bulletpouch4.jpg

I like if the snap opens accidentally, they won't fall out necessarily.

Hey ......... what's that nylon sheath doing on a leatherworkers belt ?:dunno:

Looks good Chuck !!