Hags

Co-op donation for rodeo queen

I had very good customer ask me if I could do a sleeve for a bottle of Pendleton whiskey with something for glasses. This is a fund raiser to help defray the cost of travel to events for the queen so it doesn't prevent her from attending events. What the heck, sign me up! A little cost plus and a lot of fun later, this is what I came up with. A bottle sleeve, and 4 matching coasters with a big coaster to set it on. HO 5/6 for the sleeve, HO 8/9 for the coasters, Crappy old leather for the bottom thing . The strap on top is to hold the bottom in the rolled up state. Stained and edged, and decorative cuts.20231026_165131.thumb.jpg.6eafc88197dcbe5a031cc1743b52160d.jpg20231026_165131.thumb.jpg.6eafc88197dcbe5a031cc1743b52160d.jpg20231026_165131.thumb.jpg.6eafc88197dcbe5a031cc1743b52160d.jpg

20231026_181320.jpg

33 minutes ago, Hags said:

Stained and edged, and decorative cuts.

Did you get an opportunity to ' sample' the contents ? ;)

Great job , the colours go  really well with the whisky 

HS

No, unfortunately the bottle was part of the raffle package. I've had it before though. Good stuff!

Looks great !!!  The dark bottom piece sets the coasters and wrap off , kind of reminds me of some buffalo hide . Well done!

I love that!  Could we see the seam where you joined the cover together?  I don't quite understand "The strap on top is to hold the bottom in the rolled up state."

I rolled up the bottom piece instead of folding it. Unnecessary really, but thought it looked cool. You can see it in the last pic. Here's a pic of the back. I used small elastic beading thread I got from Joanne's.  It allows the sleeve to flex a bit if it's moved to another bottle.

20231027_212345.jpg

Question from a kid who grew up in Europe, sampling everything the parents drank (and mostly not liking it): Is the bottle sleeve for law enforcement purposes the same as a paper bag? You can't see the label, therefore it's not alkohol inside?

Its a very nice set. Clever idea using elastic on the bottle sleeve 

@Klara they have to cover the label cos they don't have real whiskey  ;) :lol:    ( but think tantalus)

I've seen plenty of bottles of whiskey. I wanna see a picture of the Rodeo Queen,  B) :yeah:

No, not anything to do with the law. Just  cowboys, leather, and whiskey.......