bladegrinder

A couple new holsters...

This first one is an inside the waistband for a Glock model 19, which I didn't have so I used a blue gun for shaping it.

The second one I made for myself for a Sig 365X.  Thanks for looking!

resized 650-8.jpg

resized 650-9.jpg

resized 650-7.jpg

Nice looking holsters. They look great! 

May I ask if you hand mold or vacuum mold your holsters. Thanks. 

Thanks Diesel, I vacuum molded those. this is the first time I vacuum molded with stamping on the leather, I thought it might screw it up but it didn't do anything to the stamping.

Edited by bladegrinder

Nice work!

CLASSY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36 minutes ago, bladegrinder said:

Thanks Diesel, I vacuum molded those. this is the first time I vacuum molded with stamping on the leather, I thought it might screw it up but it didn't do anything to the stamping.

Thanks bladegrinder. I appreciate the reply. May I ask roughly what it cost or what is needed, to get started in vacuum molding. 

Thanks again. 

Well.....I suppose theirs different options to get it all together, but I had a vacuum pump from harbor freight ( about $100.00 I think) and some tubing, for the bag I bought some vinyl window sheet like you would use on a camper or boat from amazon, probably 5' X 2' and folded it in half and glued it.

besides the vacuum pump I'd say around $30.00 for the bag, hose and fittings. I can do pictures of the set up but it would be a few days.

38 minutes ago, bladegrinder said:

Well.....I suppose theirs different options to get it all together, but I had a vacuum pump from harbor freight ( about $100.00 I think) and some tubing, for the bag I bought some vinyl window sheet like you would use on a camper or boat from amazon, probably 5' X 2' and folded it in half and glued it.

besides the vacuum pump I'd say around $30.00 for the bag, hose and fittings. I can do pictures of the set up but it would be a few days.

Ok thanks. I was figuring I could use a a/c vacuum pump. I was unsure on the vacuum bag/chamber to use. Oh I like pictures, so if you are allowed to post them, I would sure check them out. 

I thought about trying to use my kydex press on tooled leather for a retention/ fitted type holster. But I havent yet. Lol not sure what would happen. 

Thanks for sharing your work & knowledge with us all. 

You can do a search here on the forum for vacuum forming and find a lot of threads on it. The best one for me was by Dwight, he post a video of his set up, I pretty much copied his system. ( Thanks Dwight! )

those rock my friend !! 

Thanks Chuck, did you knock down an elk yet?

13 hours ago, bladegrinder said:

I used a Food Saver or whatever brand vacuum sealer for a couple. The only drawback was the bags have a texture that transferred to the surface of the leather.

So now they need to come out with some nice basket weave pattern bags ha ha.