Tina

One piece finished in an ongoing project

I finnally today got the colors I've been waiting for so I could finish of the coloring on this piece today.

I have used:

The zebra pattern is Angelius leather acryllic paint in black and white.

The rest:

Fiebing's antiquing brittish tan and mahogany on the lions medium brown mixed with 1/3 mahogany on all edges and over the zebra pattern. Medium brown and a blunder (I used a used wool thingie with red dye left on it) and I superlike the end resault. Sometimes Luck is just the beginning:-)

This is eventually going to be a handbag/purse, but still have loads to do. I will post up more pictures as I finish the pieces of.

Have a great evening all//Tina

Beautiful job, I can't wait to see it..

Nice clean work! Can's wait to see the finished product!!!!

Very nice!! Can't wait to see the rest.

Warren

Thanks all,

I will post up more pictures as soon as the rest is made.

Have a great evening//Tina

Looks supernice!

The zebra stripes sur is a nice touch to it.

Tom

Hey Tina,

That sure is a nice piece. Your color and tooling are superb. I love when color experiments go right...lol

Hi Tina,

I am glad you finally got the coloring to look the way you wanted it too. It looks great and the zebra stripes are a great added touch. I'm with the rest that cant wait to see what this will look like when it's finished.

Clay

Hi all:-)

I can't wait toooo. I know I have to do some wet forming to the side pieces...New territory for me and I have to get me some stuff to form it over. A question, do I tool the leather before or after the wet forming?

The color on the "quilting" is actually more red in real life, a really warm color and I love it even if it was a boo boo to begin with :yeah:

I love zebra/wild animal patterns and you're probably going to se a few pieces here and there with it :-)

I agree with the rest. Beautiful tooling and color. The owner of this purse is going to be the envy of the town!

now that's the cat's meow! very nice so far!

Beautiful work! How did you do the squares? Are they cut and double beveled or some sort of stamp?

pete

Beautiful work! How did you do the squares? Are they cut and double beveled or some sort of stamp?

pete

Yes and yes:-)

It is carved and then I'm using a checkerd beveler (B802, 803, 836) and going over them twice at the opposite side too. I do this around every border too cuz I like the pattern it makes a specially when using antiquing. You get that "old rugged" look I like.

Drac...Yeah, hear me roar:-) (more like a kitten than a lion)

David - Tazman

Thank you both, I do appriciate your comments loads, I just might keep this one (hmmm?)

Nice work Tina love the colors too what size is that actual piece? the carving is superb, Don

Tina, that really is excellent work.

Hi, and Thank you all:-)

This piece is roughly 21x7.5 inch (so I had to scan it in 3 pieces and then put the picture together)