DieselTech

Leather makers stamp?

Guys & gals who could I purchase a custom makers stamp from? Something I can set with a big maul? Preferably a stainless steel or brass constructed stamp. 

What does something like this cost? $100+ dollars? 

Any & all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Leatherstampmaker.com did mine. Cost is by the square inch, brass, very good quality. I also had 2 made for local golf courses i make custom logo'd stuff for. Not sure of the price now, but i remember a poker chip sized logo being around $100. The detail is amazing. I believe they are a sponser here as well.

30 minutes ago, Hags said:

Leatherstampmaker.com did mine. Cost is by the square inch, brass, very good quality. I also had 2 made for local golf courses i make custom logo'd stuff for. Not sure of the price now, but i remember a poker chip sized logo being around $100. The detail is amazing. I believe they are a sponser here as well.

Thanks Hags I'll look into it. I'm looking for a inch or so bigger stamp, with just my name & location. Or maybe they offer free design session & I'll get something fancy. 

Thanks for the help. 

Just got mine from steelstampsinc. It's 1-3/16" it was $240. Sorry I don't feel like going through the hassle of paying a picture of it, but if you go to my Instagram: tanoak leather, you can see it there.

I have a 1 inch round from steelstamps. Cost approx $60. Exactly what I wanted.

I did add the $8 handle and the heater to hot stamp with it.  Will also burn into wood. 

Edited by 327fed

3 hours ago, Ddat said:

Just got mine from steelstampsinc. It's 1-3/16" it was $240. Sorry I don't feel like going through the hassle of paying a picture of it, but if you go to my Instagram: tanoak leather, you can see it there.

1 hour ago, 327fed said:

I have a 1 inch round from steelstamps. Cost approx $60. Exactly what I wanted.

I did add the $8 handle and the heater to hot stamp with it.  Will also burn into wood. 

Thanks guys I appreciate your input. 

@327fed what type of heater did you get for your stamp? Is it just a alcohol burner? 

Thanks.

It is like an electric soldering iron that threads on the stamp instead of the handle. They have an adjustable switch one and a non-adjustable one. $80 maybe? The adjustable feature is nice as different leather/wood stamps different. I play with scrap till I get the burn right.  It came from the same place. Try to post a picture later. I rarely use it on leather unless stamping on rough side. 

1 hour ago, 327fed said:

It is like an electric soldering iron that threads on the stamp instead of the handle. They have an adjustable switch one and a non-adjustable one. $80 maybe? The adjustable feature is nice as different leather/wood stamps different. I play with scrap till I get the burn right.  It came from the same place. Try to post a picture later. I rarely use it on leather unless stamping on rough side. 

Thanks I appreciate it. Yes if you get time, I would like to see a pic of it, if it's no trouble. 

Thanks again. 

I lied. These came from leatherstampmaker.com. They helped me with the design, as did some on here, as my files were not the correct thing they needed. The big stamp was about $150, 3 inch. the heater was $40 but they have bigger ones. This was 40 watt. The one inch round was $60. takes a long time to heat up the 3 inch stamp. 

IMG_0276.JPG

52 minutes ago, 327fed said:

I lied. These came from leatherstampmaker.com. They helped me with the design, as did some on here, as my files were not the correct thing they needed. The big stamp was about $150, 3 inch. the heater was $40 but they have bigger ones. This was 40 watt. The one inch round was $60. takes a long time to heat up the 3 inch stamp. 

IMG_0276.JPG

Thanks 327fed, nice setup you got there. Is the big stamp a makers stamp or a stamp for like Revolutionary reenactment society? 

Thanks for sharing them with me. I appreciate it.

Guys & gals. I got my makers mark stamp all designed today. Cant wait to get it. 

Lmao that stamp was tall priced!!!

3 hours ago, MarshalWill said:

I look forward to seeing your stamp design. Post a photo shen you get it.

I'll do that. Lol now I want some custom stamps made. But at $200-$250 each I'll only get a couple, if they will even make what I want. 

Who did you go with to make the stamp? I'd like to see it, as well.

30 minutes ago, Ddat said:

Who did you go with to make the stamp? I'd like to see it, as well.

I went with SteelStampsinc to make them. I had 2 different styles made. Both oval shaped. 1 large & 1 small stamp. 

I cant wait to get them, supposed to show up around the 10th of January.

49 minutes ago, MarshalWill said:

What sizes exactly? I would probably order 1" and 1-1/2" or 1-3/4"

The big oval stamp is a 1⅜long by 1"tall. 

The small oval stamp is 7/8"long by 5/8" tall.

Nothing fancy thou. Straight oval border with name & location.

Bam! Big ole block of tool steel. Got my small makers stamp. Lmao I was burning their phone up when i noticed only 1 stamp in the box. 

Lol they found it on the work bench & forgot to ship it. Whew! I was about to freak out!

Here is a sneak peek!

phpwYT7riAM.jpg

Edited by DieselTech
Forgot picture!

Cool. It's nice that the stamp is made from square stock. It will make it easier to line it up, assuming they made it aligned with one of the flat sides.

51 minutes ago, MarshalWill said:

Cool. It's nice that the stamp is made from square stock. It will make it easier to line it up, assuming they made it aligned with one of the flat sides.

Yeah they will get as fancy as you want on the handle too, they offer a round & knurled handle with a striking head. I'm sure at a extra cost of course. 

If you are looking at the steel stamp logo, your stamp is right side up. 

We will see what my main stamp looks like as soon as it shows up. Then I'll post up some pictures of them. 

Another source is Gray Ghost Graphics. https://greyghostgraphics.com/custom-leather-maker-stamps/

They're made from DELRIN and are extremely durable and affordable.

Jeff made a couple for me 17 years ago and they're still going strong after lots of use.

7 minutes ago, otaypanky said:

Another source is Gray Ghost Graphics. https://greyghostgraphics.com/custom-leather-maker-stamps/

They're made from DELRIN and are extremely durable and affordable.

Jeff made a couple for me 17 years ago and they're still going strong after lots of use.

I just ordered a set of hand petal lifters from them today. I was hoping they were a legit company. 

Their tools look nice. 

man, them things must have gone up A LOT.

I didn't pay that much for TWO.

stamp.jpglarge.20191213_174237.jpg

I don't know if you noticed it on his website Diesel but he has a tutorial posted on using petal lifters along with a few other tutorials.

He's quite a talented guy from what I can see of his work posted on his site. He does inlay work as well as leatherwork ~

https://greyghostgraphics.com/jeff-mosby-leather-and-inlay-work/