This one looks so nice. Can they still be effective for today's work? I'd love to have one to use at show and sell's.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/692688406166313/?mibextid=dXMIcH

Screenshot_20240110_112325_Facebook.jpg

looks like a 29K70 or 71 or the like but W/O front wheel or is and an earlier model in the K60´s subclass?

Edited by Constabulary

3 hours ago, shoe said:

This one looks so nice. Can they still be effective for today's work? I'd love to have one to use at show and sell's.

-

Looks good for it's age. 450-$ is not a bad price at all for machine in Pic. as long as it sews . There is a reason people still buy and sell them. Patchers can reach in, and stitch were no other machine can get into.

and  ( Yes ) they are handy/effective  to have in your machine stable . ( for me ) It one of those machines you don't use often, but when you do use it.. You REALLY Need It, and glad you got one sitting in the corner.

6 hours ago, nylonRigging said:

Looks good for it's age. 450-$ is not a bad price at all for machine in Pic. as long as it sews . There is a reason people still buy and sell them. Patchers can reach in, and stitch were no other machine can get into.

and  ( Yes ) they are handy/effective  to have in your machine stable . ( for me ) It one of those machines you don't use often, but when you do use it.. You REALLY Need It, and glad you got one sitting in the corner.

Thank you, great advice. I like my clsp because if the hand crank. Does it lock stitch?

12 hours ago, shoe said:

Does it lock stitch?

Sewing machines do lock-stitch.  Can't do the equivalent of saddle stitch.  I think lock-stitch is really a misnomer as the stitches are not locked during the process.  You have to tie off the ends, or back stitch over top to lock the ends of the stitch line.

9 minutes ago, Northmount said:

Sewing machines do lock-stitch.  Can't do the equivalent of saddle stitch.  I think lock-stitch is really a misnomer as the stitches are not locked during the process.  You have to tie off the ends, or back stitch over top to lock the ends of the stitch line.

Thank you. I was misunderstanding.  My clsp stays because I sew back a few to close the seam but if a thread breaks it all unravels. I though they'd stop like my hand stitches. 

I think it is a 29K58.  Nope  it is a 29K70.  I can see the tag.  Plus it has the older take up lever adjustment.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher

That is the machine you will need if you get into sewing patches onto Bikers' vests.

I use mine a lot. It is great for replacing zippers in riding boots, though if the boots are of the dressage type, the arm is a bit short on this model. But for jumping boots it is perfect.

Also general shoe repair jobs. 

3 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

That is the machine you will need if you get into sewing patches onto Bikers' vests.

That is a gift you have, always the answer to what I need to know but don't know what to ask. Thank you

2 hours ago, Mulesaw said:

I use mine a lot. It is great for replacing zippers in riding boots, though if the boots are of the dressage type, the arm is a bit short on this model. But for jumping boots it is perfect.

Also general shoe repair jobs. 

Great info, thank you