dhaverstick

Finished this back quiver and arm guard

a6oINNA.jpg
iuhS1hU.jpg
NRP9PBL.jpg
gpfpdpR.jpg
H1jP8Ql.jpg
Xrtt01n.jpg

I finished this back quiver and matching arm guard a couple of days ago. They will be donated to the live auction taking place at the United Bowhunters of Missouri Festival the weekend of February 9th-11th in Springfield, MO. Hopefully, they will make the club a little money.

The body of the quiver and the arm guard facing are made from water buffalo hide. The black leather that the arrowheads are made from is stingray hide and the shiny yellow bands are ostrich leg skin. The straps and trim are made from deer hide and I carved the buttons and lace hooks from deer antler. I sewed everything up by hand using approximately 4 miles of artificial sinew. My fingers need a rest now!

Darren

Beautiful looking piece! Straight up artwork! Looks great. 

@dhaverstick Please post your photos on this site.  3rd party hosted photos often disappear due to owner moving, deleting, closing account, or due to changes in the host's policies, going out of business, etc.  When that happens, the post or threads containing the photos becomes useless to future people researching and looking for examples or help.

You may need to resize your files to fit the size limitations of this site.  Refer to this link for some helps.  There are lots of Apps, programs, online file sizers, etc. on the web as well that you may find useful.

Very nice. Should bring in a nice amount. 

This gives me an excuse to get back into archery. I have an antique Bear recurve that needs to be used. 

That is some real nice work!

Fantastic as always