Hi, I am hoping someone can help me identify an issue with my new cobra class 26 sewing machine. I just received it on Monday and assembled it yesterday, which seemed rather straightforward. I just got the machine turned on and running this morning and am concerned about this loud sound the machine is making while in use. It seems to be coming from under the machine. I reached out to leather machine co. but am awaiting a response. I was hoping someone in the meantime could offer any insight. Please check out the videos.

Thank you!

Make sure the motor pulley or the belt doesn't touch he cover

There is nothing wrong it will make a sound when you are running the machine.

21 minutes ago, LeatherLegion said:

Make sure the motor pulley or the belt doesn't touch he cover

@CFons  also; make sure they are in alignment

Edited by fredk

2 hours ago, CFons said:

I reached out to leather machine co. but am awaiting a response. I was hoping someone in the meantime could offer any insight. Please check out the videos.

To narrow down the noise what I would suggest:

Remove the Belt from the speed reducer to the sewing machine and run the motor.

i) If the noise is still there then it is coming from either the speed reducer or the servo motor. Then remove the belt from the servo motor to the speed reducer. If the noise is gone then it is probably either a misalignment of the belt to the servo motor from the speed reducer or the the bearing in the speed reducer is dry and needs a drop of oil or a bad belt with a lump where it ends are joined. Then check the alignment of the belt from the servo motor with the large pulley on the speed reducer.

ii) If the noise is gone then it is either coming from the speed reducer, bad belt, misaligned belt or the main bearing in the sewing machine. Make sure the alignment from the small pulley on the speed reducer is properly aligned with the sewing machine pulley.

kgg

Thank you all for these suggestions! The motor pulley isn't touching the cover. I will do as suggested as try taking it off the belt from the speed reducer and try to isolate where the noise is coming from.

Sounds just like my Class 26. Guess that's just the way they sound.