Bobby hdflame

Need Cocobolo Burnisher for drill press

I purchased a burnisher from someone on here several years ago but it is HIDING in my shop!  I searched the site and the only one I found was from 2012 and the guys website no longer works.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Below is a link to a picture.  I want one like the top one in the picture or something similar.

https://leatherworker.net/forum/uploads/monthly_04_2012/post-12512-092417500%201334152181.jpg

Thanks,

Bobby

30 minutes ago, Bobby hdflame said:

I purchased a burnisher from someone on here several years ago but it is HIDING in my shop!  I searched the site and the only one I found was from 2012 and the guys website no longer works.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Below is a link to a picture.  I want one like the top one in the picture or something similar.

https://leatherworker.net/forum/uploads/monthly_04_2012/post-12512-092417500 1334152181.jpg

Thanks,

Bobby

Cant access picture. 

Just now, DieselTech said:

Cant access picture. 

For some reason I can now. Sorry.

2 hours ago, Bobby hdflame said:

https://leatherworker.net/forum/uploads/monthly_04_2012/post-12512-092417500 1334152181.jpg

Thanks,

Bobby

I cannot get you in touch with him . . . but If you cut the head off a 3/16 inch bolt . . . thread it into a 1/2 or 5/8 inch piece of wooden dowel . . . you can put it into your drill press . . . and with files and a little patience . . . you can make your own . . . 

Cocobolo is pretty . .  . but your customer will never be able to tell the difference.

I've made several . . . they all work great . . . and were a ton cheaper than buying one.

You can also use 1/8 inch  for the steel shaft . . . and then put that in the end of your dremel . . . works really fine.  I wore out one dremel that way . . . hadda buy a new one.

May God bless,

Dwight

@Bobby hdflame My best suggestion is to ask around, perhaps on FB, if anyone near you do any woodturning. 
It is a fairly easy thing to turn, either on a metal lathe or on a wood lathe. I reckon that I could make one in about half an hour or so.

Right now I am at sea, so while I could make one, I won't be able to get it shipped until in about a month, and I think it is still cheaper for you to get one made locally.

Good luck with the project.

Brgds Jonas

I’ve purchased from saltydawgleather before and I still have my burnishing wheels from him. He calls himself the thearborpressguy. Hope this helps! 

He doesn't show one like you're looking for but here is his link.

https://www.saltydawgleather.com/shop/20174758/burnisher-and-sander

Try a company named www.proedgeburnisher.com they Make sure the burnisher wheels for leather machine company mp burnisher