Thadrick

Saddle bags (western)

These took a lot of time But I think they turned out alright. I used oversized cord instead of thread and wish I would have punched my holes a little larger because the cord zig-zags a little but I am happy with the contrast of the white.

KIMG1721.JPG

KIMG1717.JPG

KIMG1715.JPG

KIMG1718.JPG

Those are awesome! I really like the layout.

Wow! Beautiful work!

:thumbsup:

Those look great! Love those maple leaves with the clean cross-hatched back ground. I see 10 bullet loops on each side. Must be for that (those?) built-in holster(s). Nice design well carried out. Thumbs-up!

1 hour ago, MarshalWill said:

Those look great! Love those maple leaves with the clean cross-hatched back ground. I see 10 bullet loops on each side. Must be for that (those?) built-in holster(s). Nice design well carried out. Thumbs-up!

Thanks

Yup, that's my sp101 in 357m, it holds 5 so I can reload 4 times. The holster inside is a generic holster I built with a belt clip on the back so I can Un snap it from the saddle bags and slide it onto my belt when I want quicker access. 

I also have a home made knife inside with sheath built permanently inside

I usually have them draped over the passenger seat of the truck so if I get stranded I can throw it over my shoulder and walk out with my survival gear.

They are however rather heavy which is fine for now but when I'm older I'll have to design something lighter.

I would love to have a true pattern for those you see on the westerns on TV . . . 

These are beautiful that you made . . . but I'm looking for the style that a typical cowpoke would have had . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

7 minutes ago, Dwight said:

I would love to have a true pattern for those you see on the westerns on TV . . . 

These are beautiful that you made . . . but I'm looking for the style that a typical cowpoke would have had . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

Yeah 

I initially designed them to throw over my 4 wheeler but they turned out too nice to be dragging through the mud and snow 

Now they reside in the truck 

It's funny how a project takes on a mind of its own

1 hour ago, Thadrick said:

Thanks

Yup, that's my sp101 in 357m, it holds 5 so I can reload 4 times. The holster inside is a generic holster I built with a belt clip on the back so I can Un snap it from the saddle bags and slide it onto my belt when I want quicker access. 

I also have a home made knife inside with sheath built permanently inside

I usually have them draped over the passenger seat of the truck so if I get stranded I can throw it over my shoulder and walk out with my survival gear.

They are however rather heavy which is fine for now but when I'm older I'll have to design something lighter.

Thanks. Sounds like a good design on the holster and sheath.

31 minutes ago, Dwight said:

May God bless,

Dwight

Do a search for FA Meanea saddlebags and take a look at some of those. It wouldn't be too hard to modify an existing pattern to look like an original pair. They would be typical of what a cowpoke had in the 1800's.

You can buy patterns for either two or one strap saddlebags from Will Ghormley. His stuff is pretty authentic. He also makes leather for movies.

Very nice bags I'm so jealous:thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, Bert03241 said:

Very nice bags I'm so jealous:thumbsup:

Hoorah, thanks