toxo

Leather cup stitching problem!

Finally got it done. Not perfect by any means but it does what it's supposed to do. Didn't help using the wrong thread and had a blip with the stamping but overall I'm pleased and as usual I learned a lot. It's already had a couple of turns through the Microwave. Still not sure about smelling leather whilst I'm drinking my tea but no doubt that will go away.

Mistydog was my soulmate. She would bring my slippers whenever I came home. Now I have two of her Granddaughters and her great Granddaughter.

20240427_220913.jpg

20240427_220759.jpg

20240427_220525.jpg

20240427_220840.jpg

20240427_220818.jpg

20240427_220955.jpg

20240427_221101.jpg

Like that warts and all it should age well. When i cut round discs i compass mark on the flesh side of the leather then you don't see the compass mark in the centre, but as said like it. 

He is a link which may help scroll down tub stitching chart.

https://armitageleather.com/shop/

Hope this helps

JCUK

you got the stitching down great job. 

Thanks guys but it would've looked better without the flat simulated sinew. Only went with it for the colour. Still - one of my favourite sayings - Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good.

That looks great! Should get a nice patina once you start spilling tea and coffee on it!;)

1 hour ago, dikman said:

That looks great! Should get a nice patina once you start spilling tea and coffee on it!;)

Yes, speed thinking again. Didn't think about sealing the inside apart from overall Resolene. So after the microwave it sticks sometimes. Don't know if it's the res or the tea dribbles. It will wear in but it's doing it's job and it was fun doing it.