chuck123wapati

some new knives coming soon.

Finally fired up the forge for the year this is one of a few new knives I'm making. This one is a double edged lil guy 1/2" blade intended for the work you cant get a bigger knife into like filigree and also light leathers. Its d2 drill rod with a service berry handle and 45 acp ferrule. i have another one ready to install the handle with a 1" blade, chisel ground. 

leatherknife1.jpg

Nice work!

9 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

Finally fired up the forge for the year this is one of a few new knives I'm making. This one is a double edged lil guy 1/2" blade intended for the work you cant get a bigger knife into like filigree and also light leathers. Its d2 drill rod with a service berry handle and 45 acp ferrule. i have another one ready to install the handle with a 1" blade, chisel ground. 

leatherknife1.jpg

When I saw your post , I was hoping to see one of your awesome antler knives. But I am not disappointed, very nice, top drawer as always.:thumbsup: 

22 hours ago, Herbie said:

Nice work!

14 hours ago, Bert03241 said:

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

thanks guys!

13 hours ago, dikman said:

That's a nice bit of wood for the handle.

it is service berry a native fruit tree. It is very dense and hard wood great for these types of handles. I used dark oak stain and as you can its so dense it barely took any color.

12 hours ago, rleather said:

When I saw your post , I was hoping to see one of your awesome antler knives. But I am not disappointed, very nice, top drawer as always.:thumbsup: 

Thanks I'm working on some of those as well lol. I'm making me some goodies first. I have a nice old nicholson file I'm on the grinding stage in. 

nice!

thank you.

What’s up brother? Nice work! 

1 minute ago, Garyak said:

What’s up brother? Nice work! 

thanks man! just coming out of hibernation lol  weathers warming up and I'm in the garage playing with fire lol.