Been playing hard this summer and am getting tired of worrying about scratching up my fancy holsters. Dont really know when a fancy holster is going to be useful actually (going to sunday meetings?).

I guess they can hang from my wall and collect dust?  Built two holsters that can be used without worry while playing and if they get beat up, even better.

KIMG20240716_091712494.JPG

KIMG20240716_091725290.JPG

KIMG20240717_194920629.JPG

KIMG20240717_194928469.JPG

Nice rigs.

Just me but if I need to go somewhere and thinking I might need so much ammunition I would take a rifle with several large capacity magazines!

Definitely like those. Looks like 34 rounds of ammo plus 6 in the cylinder. With my girth, I could probably fit a box on the belt alone with room to spare!

those are just fine.:)

Real nice !! 

Fancy  is nice ....... it just doesn't last long in the everyday world 

Thanks, I carry extra on the belt because my utility/security rife uses the same ammo. It usually leans against a tree while my handsare occupied, the pistol stays on my hip.

In Texas and other parts of the southern U.S., fancy rigs are referred to as Picnic Guns.  It's not uncommon for friends to wear their fanciest sidearms and leather to BBQs.

They look sharp.  There’s nothing wrong being loaded for bear.

28 minutes ago, JDFred said:

They look sharp.  There’s nothing wrong being loaded for bear.

Same principle as a condom, would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Lol

1 hour ago, TonyV said:

In Texas and other parts of the southern U.S., fancy rigs are referred to as Picnic Guns.  It's not uncommon for friends to wear their fanciest sidearms and leather to BBQs.

Often a slick 1911 or fancy revolver, from what I understand. I wouldn’t mind a Dan Wesson or Nighthawk with nice grips in a well-tooled holster. I had a shot at getting a former range rental Dan Wesson for a good price years ago; should have grabbed it. Needed a few parts replaced, but I could have held on to the gun and replaced the components as I went. Youth is stupid.