DaveP

Saddle stitching after eye surgeries

Long time since I've posted.  I've gone through some major eye surgeries...ugh. Had a complete retina detachment in right eye.  An 8 1/2 hour emergency surgery with 8 month recovery.  Few months later left eye went south with the retina growing over the macula exponentially. With a 6 hour emergency surgery and 5 month recovery.  So needless to say it's been a struggle.  Corrected now ro 20/50 in left, 20/25 in right. Today was the first time I've attempted to saddle stitch anything.  What do you think?  1st pic front, 2nd back.

20240810_161220.jpg

20240810_160916.jpg

Looks good!  Would never know of your eye issues.

Your stitching looks great. My wife had a detached retina years ago and went thru the surgeries, had gas injected to hold the retina in place then we had to fly so that had to come out and oil injected. Has really bad vision in that eye. Still has issues sometimes so I know what you’re going thru. Your stitching looks great, keep the faith and power on.

Looks just fine.  I'm awful sorry you are having such trouble with your eyes.  Do you have a good big lighted craft magnifier?

12 hours ago, bladegrinder said:

Your stitching looks great. My wife had a detached retina years ago and went thru the surgeries, had gas injected to hold the retina in place then we had to fly so that had to come out and oil injected. Has really bad vision in that eye. Still has issues sometimes so I know what you’re going thru. Your stitching looks great, keep the faith and power on.

Sorry to hear about your wife. I had the gas as well and a buckle.  Hopefully her vision will improve. 

11 hours ago, Aventurine said:

Looks just fine.  I'm awful sorry you are having such trouble with your eyes.  Do you have a good big lighted craft magnifier?

Thank you all for the praise. 

I don't have a magnifier. Something to look into.  Thanks for the tip!

I don't have a magnifier. Something to look into.   Ugh........  :)))

I wear 1.5 power reading glasses a lot, especially when I'm making folding knives. bought at Walmart on the cheap. they are a godsend. I use to wear an optivisor but it's a lot bulkier.

the screws I use on these are 0-80 which are TINY!

resised 650-.JPG

I don't see any issues with your stitching (yeah, I went there :)  ).  That's some good stitching.  Time to pick up where you left off 8 months ago, IMO, and I'm looking forward to more of your work.

My family has a history of retinal detachment and other eye issues, so I empathize with you.  It may be only a matter of time before I join that club.