Just a few pictures of my portfolio which was covered in fake plastic. The handel broke so instead of trashing it I decides to cover it in leather. Got lazy when it came to covering the handel so got out the lacing and just started wrapping. Got the design on the front from the net. The skull on the back is my very first skull and am rather pleased with how it turned out. Made a few mistakes but it's all a learning experance......right? By the way it is carved and tooled not just painted. Have a look.

DSCN1196.JPG DSCN1193.JPG IMG_0561.JPG dscn1194__2_.jpg

post-5615-1236217401_thumb.jpg

post-5615-1236217433_thumb.jpg

post-5615-1236217461_thumb.jpg

post-5615-1236217486_thumb.jpg

Edited by PANTHER

That is great! I love the coloring and the sort of "eroded" look of it. Is it acrylics?

Very cool redo of the portfolio. Great design and colours. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Kiwi. :coffeecomp:

Love it, love it, love it. Darryl

That is a REALLY fun design and the colors work so well with it.

Panther - that portfolio is beautiful. I love how you set the design into the leather as if someone tore a piece of giftwrap and found the treasure lurking beneath it. How did you seal the piece after applying the acrylics?

TinyL

First off....Thanks everyone for your positive comments and warm reception of my efforts.

I used acrylics, oil dye and stain. Anything I thought would do the job. Toped it off with a few coats of leather sheen.

I take this to work with me, so didn't want to get too far out with the design. But as my staff say, the only time you use the word normal with

me is when you put 'NOT' in front of normal. :gathering:

Thanks again

Panther

What an amazing piece of work post more often plz.

Panther,

I have been looking back and forth at your pics in shock of how cool this bag looks. Yeah, everything about this is freak'n sweet. :You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Panther,

I have been looking back and forth at your pics in shock of how cool this bag looks. Yeah, everything about this is freak'n sweet. :You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon::You_Rock_Emoticon:

Yeah, what Spider said! Very Sweet!!!!!!!! :17:

the design on the back is so crisp and precise and amazing! how did you get the handle looking so good!

I agree with the others, that is a cool looking portfolio and great work. Very cool colours on that front design!

The handle has a very cool pattern too. Did you just invent that as you went along?

Tom

Hi All. Thanks again for your enthuseastic comments.

Saaquatch---- I'll do my best to post more. I am working on two projects. Work keeps me really busy so don't have as much time as I'ed like to play with my leather.

Spider, Casy Jordan ---- you'er good for my ego!

Mstewart, Tom Swede ---- after I cut the skull I used a modeling tool to bring it out and as for the handle .... yep, made it up as I went along.

Thanks all, again. It was nice of you all to take the time to let me know what you thought of my efforts.

Panther

Edited by PANTHER