Artisan Dave

News From Artisan

Sheesh......

I am the last person to drive anyone away from this board, but I'm also not going to shy away from a conversation (I do hold my tongue on politics and religion...lol).

The people who run Artisan are adults. As businessmen, they should be able to hold up to a discussion of pricing and business practice. I know, I have to in my business. This thread has gone for a while, and no further comments from Artisan.

A 40% ,or so, reduction, plus extras, is a little more than a sale on a modestly large priced product! If I was in the market right now for a 3000, I would JUMP at the chance for that price.

An accompanying sale on accessories to show appreciation is not a "where's mine", but a little love towards current owners, and is not bad business practice.

I love my machine. And may buy another machine from them. But to me, this board is about us, the leatherworkers first, not Corporations. Do we KTA, or do they K ours. Support them, buy from them, show our appreciation to them for contributing to this board...Absolutely. Try to get them to appreciate us, too.

Well Mr. Go2Tex

If you will read my statement I said that I understand stuff goes on sale! Its not so much the sale that is bothersome, its all the extras that have been thrown in. And as for the sale, most stores and businesses offer a refund in difference to those that recently purchased the same item they put on sale. I'm not asking for any type of refund. It just seems like Artisan would want to make their customers that purchased these machines happy. So don't go making this a political twist about the economy, and I say that with the upmost respect to you.

Thanks James

I know we have become accustomed to the "big name stores" fighting for volume business with price guarantees of lowest cost. How many of you want to compete with with the low cost model? There aren't many many of us that could do the same. Small volume sales do not generally follow the same economic or marketing models that large volume sellers like Walmart, Best Buy or others like that follow.

Consider some other areas where you purchase items that are being discontinued or there is a newer model coming out.

One such area is automobiles.

Does the cost of this year's model automobile go down when next year's model comes out?

How many have went back into a dealership to request a refund due to a reduced price within a couple of months?

How many of those dealers gave you a refund?

Another thing that came to mind for something similar is the story of the people who were without work and a person hiring them throughout the day to work. The person got some of these workers to work first thing in the morning and the people agreed to work for a set amount for the day. They were happy to have the work and happy with the amount. It was very fair.

During lunch, the same person came and got some more workers and they agreed to work for the same amount. They were likewise happy to have the work and happy with the amount. It was really fair.

Later in the day the same person came and got some more workers and they agreed to work for the same amount. They were likewise happy to have the work and happy with the amount. It was extremely fair.

At the end of the day this person paid the workers the agreed to amount. Only when the the workers that started at the beginning of the day and the ones that started at lunch found out that they were getting the same amount as the workers that only worked a couple of hours did they start to grumble and complain about it not being fair.

They were happy to have the work earlier in the day and had agreed to the amount earlier in the day. What happened? Hmmmmm.

Just some things to consider and not necesarily an indictment for or against Artisan. There's usually more than one side of the story and sometimes it helps to consider all sides.

Regards,

Ben

Boy, do I feel like a jerk for needing to be a buyer in a buyer's market. :rolleyes2:

Just so happens a giant step in life is happening now for my husband and I where we are buying 2 cars, a house and a stitching machine...I guess you could say some pretty major investments. Our money is able to buy products for less than they were last year. Am I complaining? Absolutely not. And I am not going to feel guilty about it either. The right place at the right time - finally.

Now if only the same could be said for ammo and firearms :deadsubject:

So, in regards to finding a huge deal at a time when we can financially use a huge deal, there's at least one happy camper reading this thread.

Boy, do I feel like a jerk for needing to be a buyer in a buyer's market. :rolleyes2:

Just so happens a giant step in life is happening now for my husband and I where we are buying 2 cars, a house and a stitching machine...I guess you could say some pretty major investments. Our money is able to buy products for less than they were last year. Am I complaining? Absolutely not. And I am not going to feel guilty about it either. The right place at the right time - finally.

Now if only the same could be said for ammo and firearms :deadsubject:

So, in regards to finding a huge deal at a time when we can financially use a huge deal, there's at least one happy camper reading this thread.

Hey Guys & Gals

There is an easy answer to this. Cowboy & Master have had better prices and included the accessories in the deal for quite some time. Plus we SADDLERS who distribute them have been quietly working away improving them at no extra cost.

Funny how we sat and watched the Hype going on about how good an ordinary Machine was so good. Now funny thing is another Company has got Steve so prices have tumbled. This I know the MASTER 441 sells here in Australia for $3.950 + gst. convert that to US$2.528 including all Attachements, Servo Motor, Pedestal Stand and you still have a better normal price than the so called Special price Cowboy is the same Machine, same development so check his prices out also.

So what's it tell you? Who made the Cream from what is an ordinary, normal Clone Machine that has now got to be improved to play catch up. By the way I note that that the Special doesn't have any improvements on it yet as our have as Standard.

Sorry to butt in like this but I am a Tradesmand who gets upset at Hype. This forum is not a Sales column as far as I'm concerned. It is a wonderful place to axchange ideas and Skils. So I've had my Blurb, now lets get on with the Show.

Kindest Regards.

Jim.

Nobody really knows why Artisan lowered their prices. They may be feeling the economic slowdown more acutely than we are. You have to make payroll you know and that takes immediate cash. Who knows... not me.

In any case, it doesn't matter. We all make the best deal we can at the time we make it. I bought a full price 4000 LA-25. I bought it because it was a good deal for me the day I bought it. If they were giving them away today, that wouldn't change a thing about the deal I made or my satisfaction with the product.

So trying to psychologize Artisan and their leaders really gets nobody anywhere. Concentrate on using your equipment to make outstanding leather products. If you are in the market for new equipment... make the best deal that you can consistent with your business goals and needs. What ever tomorrow brings will be what it is if tomorrow ever gets here. I keep noticing that it is always today.

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

Ben, good summary of a Bible parable.... ;)

Another thing that came to mind for something similar is the story of the people who were without work and a person hiring them throughout the day to work. The person got some of these workers to work first thing in the morning and the people agreed to work for a set amount for the day. They were happy to have the work and happy with the amount. It was very fair.

During lunch, the same person came and got some more workers and they agreed to work for the same amount. They were likewise happy to have the work and happy with the amount. It was really fair.

Later in the day the same person came and got some more workers and they agreed to work for the same amount. They were likewise happy to have the work and happy with the amount. It was extremely fair.

At the end of the day this person paid the workers the agreed to amount. Only when the the workers that started at the beginning of the day and the ones that started at lunch found out that they were getting the same amount as the workers that only worked a couple of hours did they start to grumble and complain about it not being fair.

Yes, that was a good paraphrase of the Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard, or sometimes referred to as the Parable of the Generous Employer. It is found in Matthew's Gospel. There are great lessons to learn from it, although they don't directly relate to this situation.

Jesus told this parable to illustrate that salvation is available to all, whether they come to the Lord in repentance early or late. Also to explain that God is a generous Father who will give the same salvation to all when they come........and it is He who decides who will be first and last in the Kingdom.

Respectfully, JW

Hey Guys & Gals

There is an easy answer to this. Cowboy & Master have had better prices and included the accessories in the deal for quite some time. Plus we SADDLERS who distribute them have been quietly working away improving them at no extra cost.

Funny how we sat and watched the Hype going on about how good an ordinary Machine was so good. Now funny thing is another Company has got Steve so prices have tumbled. This I know the MASTER 441 sells here in Australia for $3.950 + gst. convert that to US$2.528 including all Attachements, Servo Motor, Pedestal Stand and you still have a better normal price than the so called Special price Cowboy is the same Machine, same development so check his prices out also.

So what's it tell you? Who made the Cream from what is an ordinary, normal Clone Machine that has now got to be improved to play catch up. By the way I note that that the Special doesn't have any improvements on it yet as our have as Standard.

Sorry to butt in like this but I am a Tradesmand who gets upset at Hype. This forum is not a Sales column as far as I'm concerned. It is a wonderful place to axchange ideas and Skils. So I've had my Blurb, now lets get on with the Show.

Kindest Regards.

Jim.

Right on Jim!!!!!! First, lt me say that I am truly dismayed to see this forum get turned into such a mess. It really bothers me to see dealers slugging it out like this. We alll have products that have their own attributes. Some may be a better choice for some people than others. It is so funny to me also that there is such large mention of service, prices, and so forth from other dealers when Cowboy has been offering attachment packages and excellent customer service for years now.

Folks, we really need to stay clear of all of the hype here and get this forum back to what it was -- a great place for the exchange of ideas and information about sewing machines. Not a dealer inquisition, or a place to defame others.

Ryan O. Neel

Cowboy Sewing Machine

I still cant get ahold of artisan to verify the 1650 any way When I called they said it was still 2350.00. So about this Cowboy machine where do you get them and how much I didnt see a price list on the webpage.

Toledo Industrial Sewing Machine sells the Cowboy line. Bob is a great guy to deal with. 866-362-7397

LOL. A person pays what they pay when they pay. Thasit. I bought a neels5 from a fellow member and am still happy with the machine and the price I paid, thanks Ed. Oh by the way I didn't get a boatload of stuff with it so if you could send me a bunch of other stuff.......oh wait,,, that wasn't part of the sale was it. LOL.

Good clarification on the parable JW. BTW proverbs is chock full of sayings that have been paraphrased and ingrained into everyday life and when it is pointed out many people say they had no idea thats where the saying came from. Just food for thought.

Aint that the truth

:Lighten: WOW somebody slap me!!

Boy do I feel stupid for not seeing through this whole price war thing when Artisan Dave first posted this. I would like to apologize to all of my fellow craftmen/women for making any bit of fuss on this issue. I am disgusted that I have gotten myself all caught up in the dealers issues. Thank you all for opening my eyes, James

2Mad, don't be disgusted...

If it wasn't for the questions, comments, and fuss, none of this would have been revealed.

This forum has opened up doors that nobody even knew existed. Not too long ago, the leatherworker had limited information, now it seems we have this open forum to discuss. I just don't see this as bad....choices, information, competitive pricing, looks pretty good from my side of the fence.

Didn't Aritsan say that the discounted price was only good at the Wickenburg show? I assume that means for purchases at the show only. In my mind that differs from what the original post said.

Someone said that all the machines were made in 3 (?) factories in the far east, if I recall correctly. Do they really differ?

I bought an Artisan and can't say I've had any problems which weren't caused by my lack of knowledge of leather machines, and a few typos in the manual: re thread size combos that can be used. Steve set me straight on that.

It would be nice if a sewing machine course could be given at one of the shows, but the sponsors don't want to favor any of their advertisers.

Off the subject, I wonder what the two Leather Crafter shows are scheduled so close together? Perhaps because it works. Someone I spoke to at Kings in Sheridan felt it was too early in the spring for reliable weather in the region.

SkipJ

............... What ever tomorrow brings will be what it is if tomorrow ever gets here. .......

And eh.... where ever you go, that's where you are.

A bird in the hand means you get to eat today, two in the bush means you need to widen your choke :offtopic::rofl:

Would be nice to hear one way or the other if this is a legitimate deal, and if so how to get it locked down, Artisan is saying no, and Ive tried everyday since Dave posted it to get in touch with him but no luck, feel kinda foolish after rushing out and selling a brand new tig welder in order to get the funds for a once in a lifetime deal that doesnt seem to be happening.

Would be nice to hear one way or the other if this is a legitimate deal, and if so how to get it locked down, Artisan is saying no, and Ive tried everyday since Dave posted it to get in touch with him but no luck, feel kinda foolish after rushing out and selling a brand new tig welder in order to get the funds for a once in a lifetime deal that doesnt seem to be happening.

I agree I would like to know if this is a legit deal. I have called as well and they act like I am an idiot, and dont have a clue what I am talking about.

HAS ANY ONE NOTICED THAT THE GUY WHO STARTED ALL THIS CONFUSION AND DEBATE HAS NOT BEEN HEARD FROM SINCE? WHERE HAS HE GONE?

And eh.... where ever you go, that's where you are.

LOL!! Now there's a philosophy for y'all!! Sounds like something I should have said!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

They were at the Wickenburg Show they would have been back in the office as of today. Try calling tomorrow

LOL!! Now there's a philosophy for y'all!! Sounds like something I should have said!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

It sounds like something the Indian Chief in "F Troop" would have said!

Tony.

Edited by tonyc1

I have a Toro 3k machine and I have no real complaints. It sews really well but I will tell you their upper tension nut is absolute crap and must of made of been made out of recycled beer cans. Mine is stripped and I am having to make my own with a piece steel rod and a tap and dye set.

Kevin