yaklady

Celtic Horses

My daughter requested that I make her a case for her laptop which she bought for her study abroad trip to London this summer. I better get with it. The patterns she asked for are quite complicated. It took 2 or 3 days to get this much done. The one on the other side is almost as bad. Why couldn't she be happy with a case made of little juice packages like ClayB's daughter? I'll be lucky to get the whole thing done by July.

Kathy

Jan_09_040.jpg

post-1462-1239045929_thumb.jpg

HOLY SMOKES, those are awsome!

Amazing work...

Beautiful work, I love the horses and I think your work is awesome Kathy:-)

I for sure is going to follow your progress, very interesting :thumbsup:

Kathy, that is beautiful!!! Can't wait to see it finished!

Kate

love it, stunning!!

That is beautiful, Kathy! :clapping: I cannot wait to see this finished!

Crystal

Absolutely brilliant!! Be sure to let us see the finished article. :clapping:

Wow! Speechless!

Totally awesome Kathy! Great work.

Art

It'd be pretty dang tough to make juice boxes look that cool Kathy!! You always do the coolest things with horses. Only thing that would have been better is if you could have done the pattern with yaks.

...Only thing that would have been better is if you could have done the pattern with yaks.

Laughing out load...Totally cracking up getting the image of the poor yaks in my head :rofl:

I had a couple other ideas, but one of my new years resolutions was to try and be nice to Kathy this year (at least in public)

Thank you everybody for the positive feedback. I'll have to work hard on this to get it done, now. Just don't hold your breath, okay?

Clay, I didn't know you made that resolution. I haven't seen any indication of that. I may just do what you said, and put yaks in there. That would prove to be pretty interesting. That could go on the other side. I'm sure Sheena would like it. Could yak horns twist into a Celtic knot?

Kathy

There, I got the other side tooled. I like the horses better. The fairy's face is weird and needs more work. Now to figure out how to color them. Oh joy!

Kathy

Jan_09_029.jpg

post-1462-1239202200_thumb.jpg

That's not at all what I envisioned a yak to look like :dunno:

That's not at all what I envisioned a yak to look like :dunno:

Ummmm yea I'm with you on this Ernie that is the strangest looking yak I have ever seen!!

Bert

Hey Bert,

Maybe it's like kissing a frog. You go first, kiss the yak and see if it turns into a beautiful fairy. Come on Bert, I dare ya!!!!

Kathy those are beautiful! i really love how you did the cross. and the horses are stunning.

are those original designs? if not, may i know the source please?

i hope you post more pics as it progresses...

i'm in awe.

ken

Okay, Bert and Ernie (or is that ClayA and ClayB? I know of twin girls whose names are TwinA and TwinB. Those are people, not yaks. How would you like to go through life with a name like that?)

If you notice, the yak with the cross has little bitty horns and long hair. Girl yaks have smaller horns than boy yaks, and they are more graceful (note the beautiful form she has). When you two come to the guild picnic, you can kiss the yaks and see what wondrous things happen! Maybe if you kiss the baby he will turn into a girl yak. Then you would be useful. I'll try to hold Daddy back! How hard I try will depend on how nice you are.

Ken,

I got the fairy pattern out of Lora Irish's Great Book of Celtic Patterns. The horses were on some website that my daughter found. It was on a blanket on the site, and I have no idea where it was. I'll ask her. She's in bed right now, the lazy bum. There were some other interesting patterns on blankets, too. You are welcome to print the picture and use it as a pattern. It's pretty straight forward to use in this manner.

I'll post more pictures if the pieces come out the way they should. If not, well, I have a big trash can!

Kathy

Here you go, Clay, a Celtic pair of yaks. Now you can tool this. Have fun with that!

Kathy

yaks_09.jpg

post-1462-1239297055_thumb.jpg

Always good, when it comes to celtic degins, how animals are interweaved into a design - Have tried it a few times my self with no good results but you've combined the celtic and horses beatifully - great stuff.

Here you go, Clay, a Celtic pair of yaks. Now you can tool this. Have fun with that!

Kathy

yaks_09.jpg

This is a tricky one and I simply Love the yaks, much better... How about putting this up to a monthly challenge task, could be fun and I'm sure giving some extra grey hair (as if I need some more):-)

Tina,

I think the yaks look good in this pattern too. Kathy told me she didn't expect anyone to actually carve this pattern, that she just drew it to pick on me. I might just have to try it though. I think she was trying to see if she could get even more "squiggly" lines in it that you did in the last pattern you helped me with. It'll definately be a challenge, but it might be fun. I'd love to see what you'd do with it too. So maybe even if it isn't an official challenge, I hope some people will consider trying it out.