my day job has been eating up all my spare time the last month so the leather work has been sitting.

i finally made some time this weekend to get this one done as it needs to be shipped asap back to england.

this is a bigger seat than it looks. it's made for a wide tire chop and is around 18" x 18"

i started this seat saturday morning (padding and all) and got it to where you see it by 2 pm sunday.

man did a hate once again dying it black!!

and yes.. it is hand stitched.

IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/beezachoppa/DSC05102.jpg[/img]

DSC05103.jpg

DSC05104.jpg

DSC05181.jpg

DSC05183.jpg

DSC05184.jpg

Nicely done, I like the design with the skulls kind of peering out from the edge.

You gotta love how all your hard work has to get dyed black. I'm starting to think people should listen a little better when you tell them, "it will look much nicer in a dark brown or tan".

Thanks guys!

I guess no one really likes it. 117 views and only a couple comments

I generally can talk the customer out of black or at least a fade to black but this was a quickie and didn't make the effort to talk him out of it.

Either way he is very pleased and I am paid so this one is being packed up tonight and off to England

Roger, you can take heart in one of two things: One, nobody that looked at it likes it, or, two, everybody who saw it was left speechless.

Good looking seat, sir. Did you hand stitch by choice?

i was left speechless!

I just picked up a soft tail seat and i wanna tool a seat for it....never done nothing of the sort before...if i fail miserably ohhh well....i will try again...lol

I wonder is the seat you did textured oddly? or the lil bumps a background you did>?

I just saw it Roger. Don't know how I missed it yesterday. Did you spring for a machine or is that all hand stitched? If it's hand done....my hands are hurting just from looking at it.

Well done as always....your tooling is always so crisp and clean .... the backgrounding looks great.

Dave Theobald

Hey Roger, really great work as usual. Sorry to hear about the real world job keeping you from doing much leather work. A question, are you coming down to the SMOKE-OUT this year? Again great work and thanks for sharing the pics. with us. Billy P

I don't know anything about bike seats, but I know nice leatherwork when I see it and that is some great work!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Roger, you can take heart in one of two things: One, nobody that looked at it likes it, or, two, everybody who saw it was left speechless.

Good looking seat, sir. Did you hand stitch by choice?

LOL!!

looks like i got a few comments. any response is welcome,, good or bad.

the customer likes them hand stitched. i have been doing quite a few this way and enjoy it. finally feeling more confident and comfortable saddle stitching things

i was left speechless!

I just picked up a soft tail seat and i wanna tool a seat for it....never done nothing of the sort before...if i fail miserably ohhh well....i will try again...lol

I wonder is the seat you did textured oddly? or the lil bumps a background you did>?

well thanks!

let me know if i can be of help. the texture is done with one of my favorite tools.. a pebbler

I just saw it Roger. Don't know how I missed it yesterday. Did you spring for a machine or is that all hand stitched? If it's hand done....my hands are hurting just from looking at it.

Well done as always....your tooling is always so crisp and clean .... the backgrounding looks great.

Dave Theobald

Maybe it's the name change :)

only machine here is me david. three four hours to stitch it together.

thanks as always for your comments. the tooling was a bit hard on the hands as i have not done any tooling in a month or so

Hey Roger, really great work as usual. Sorry to hear about the real world job keeping you from doing much leather work. A question, are you coming down to the SMOKE-OUT this year? Again great work and thanks for sharing the pics. with us. Billy P

yea... it has been hard to have so much stuff sitting. i really rely on the money my leatherwork brings in.

my wife also ended up in the hospital for 10 days and that really added to my stress level.

i won't make the smokeout again this year. no time or money and my chop has been in pieces for a year.

kills me because i made it 4 years in a row and now i'm going to miss it once again.

thanks for the compliments!

I don't know anything about bike seats, but I know nice leatherwork when I see it and that is some great work!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

that's the idea!!

i have not had much time to spend here lately but, always enjoy looking at what other people do and most everyone likes some feedback

Great seat as always!!!

Wow man that's very nice can you post it like this. Roger: new Seat

That would bring in a crowed any way I am in some big skull traning right now there not easy are they well you make them look easy.

Thanks for sharing

Josh

Great looking seat Roger!!

I love the skulls and the lettering is good as usual!!!

Tom

looks great! i do wander with as shallow as the carving and tooling looks how does it hold up to having a big guy (im assuming with a name like big nasty bastard) sitting on it while sweeting and riding alot????

id be interested as i have been thinking of doing my next seat myself....

thanks from a newbie

I think it kicks butt! I like the black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It may not "highlight" the tooling or show the brunishing from the tools the way tan does. The overall effect of the very crisp and clean tooling with black is really nice. If the design wasnt really good and your carving wasnt up to snuff it would look crappy no matter what color it was dyed.

Cool as, also left a tad speechless.

looks great! i do wander with as shallow as the carving and tooling looks how does it hold up to having a big guy (im assuming with a name like big nasty bastard) sitting on it while sweeting and riding alot????

id be interested as i have been thinking of doing my next seat myself....

thanks from a newbie

thanks again for all the compliments guys!

micah.

the tooling is deeper than you think. it's 6-7 oz leather. i use steep bevelers. also.. the beveling is inverted around the "wild boar choppers" lettering

i have seen a couple of my seats after a couple years of abuse and they still look good.

riding buffs it up real nice.

Edited by Roger

I love the mixture of backgrounding vs. just beveling in the skulls - adds a lot of interest. I'm in awe. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

I love the mixture of backgrounding vs. just beveling in the skulls - adds a lot of interest. I'm in awe. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

thanks!

it was fun to work on after not doing any tooling for a good month