My name is Phillip Sims and I am from Hurst,Texas currently. I am 24 years old and have been doing leather work for about 2 years. I found this site not too long ago and have really enjoyed everything I have seen and all the tips I have found throughout the site. I am really glad there is a place like this that is full of information and is a lot of fun just to browse around. This is my first post so I hope all the pictures turn out all right. These are some things I have done over the last year. Some better than others but that is expected. I will post more pictures soon and will continue to enjoy this place. Let me know what you think and I hope y'all all have as much fun as I do doing this work.

Phillip

sdogs_camera_258.jpg

sdogs_camera_247.jpg

wallet_1.jpg

100_0390.jpg

best.jpg

sdogs_camera_167.jpg

post-10324-1242114391_thumb.jpg

post-10324-1242114411_thumb.jpg

post-10324-1242114477_thumb.jpg

post-10324-1242114594_thumb.jpg

post-10324-1242114665_thumb.jpg

post-10324-1242114807_thumb.jpg

welcome, hope you enjoy this site, lots of great friends with lots of great information

Welcome.

Wow! you're a busy guy :)

Lots of nice work there.

Cheers,

Badger

Nice work Phillip. I wish I had gotten into this leather business at 24. I just think how much better I would be at this point in time! I'm may be a bit naive, but what are the things in the first and last photos?

Cheers,

Andy

Greetings Phil:

Welcome aboard! You're in great company here. I really like the variety of items you've made and looking forward to seeing more in the future.

Lilrays

Nice work Phillip. I wish I had gotten into this leather business at 24. I just think how much better I would be at this point in time! I'm may be a bit naive, but what are the things in the first and last photos?

Cheers,

Andy

Hey Andy,

Thanks alot!The first picture is a pair of chinks laid out on the floor and the last picture is of some hair-on spur straps hanging on the wall. Sorry for the bad pictures!

Phillip

Nice work Phillip! You're doing great and welcome. Glad to have you join us.

I've never seen string used to do the lacing. How does that hold up?

Art

Nice work Phillip! You're doing great and welcome. Glad to have you join us.

I've never seen string used to do the lacing. How does that hold up?

Art

Thank a lot Art! I am really glad I found this place. Unfortunately I find myself spending WAY too much time on here!hahahah

Anyway, that wallet was the first thing I ever made and I still carry it today. The strings has frayed in a few places but all in all it has held up alright. Like I said I have carried it in my pocket for almost 2 years now and it hasn't fallen apart yet. Though I probably wouldn't suggest it on something that is going to get used quite a bit. Ill probably end up having to relace it im sure but it sure looked neat for a while.

Phillip

Fantastic Job Phil!! For only 2 years you have mastered your carving skills, great detail work! I just started carving, and i hope I am 1/2 as good as you are in 2 more years!

Great work, keep it up!

thanks for sharing!!

Greg

Hi and welcome Phil!!

Nice work, never tried my hand at floral but for two years practice I think it looks great.

Seems like you enjoy making different kinds of things just like me.

The forum is loaded with valuable information and people is allwyas very willing to help with anything so don't hesitate to ask when you stumble upon questions!!

Keep carving!!

Tom

Fantastic Job Phil!! For only 2 years you have mastered your carving skills, great detail work! I just started carving, and i hope I am 1/2 as good as you are in 2 more years!

Great work, keep it up!

thanks for sharing!!

Greg

Thanks Greg,

Im glad you like the work. I really appreciate the support. I hope you enjoy doing this stuff as much as I do.

Phillip

Hi and welcome Phil!!

Nice work, never tried my hand at floral but for two years practice I think it looks great.

Seems like you enjoy making different kinds of things just like me.

The forum is loaded with valuable information and people is allwyas very willing to help with anything so don't hesitate to ask when you stumble upon questions!!

Keep carving!!

Tom

Hey Tom,

Thanks alot! Youre right, I do like making alot of different things too. I have wanted to make some bike stuff but just havent yet. Man I miss riding. I had a bike as my only transportation for over a year and really miss it sometimes. I sold my bike and then had a friend wreck pretty bad about a year ago. It was horrible that it happened to him but it put alot into perspective for me ya know. I got on my friend crotch rocket about 6 months ago and had to top it out to make sure I stil had it!hahaha!! At 180mph things go by pretty fast...so did that highway patrol cop sitting on the side of the road!AHAHHA. Take it easy man.

Phillip