this one was a bit of a nightmare as i forgot about a mod i needed to make to the seat and ended up having to tool a second top.

at least the customer does not want the first one to go to waste so i will be lacing on the back of a vest or jacket for him some time in the future.

made my own tool for the scales from a large stainless nail.

DSC05272.jpg

DSC05274.jpg

DSC05276.jpg

DSC05281.jpg

DSC05282.jpg

Beautiful, as always, Roger! I love the color scheme. And it's nice that it worked out the customer just happened to want a matching applique for his jacket. :thumbsup:

Can you post a photo of the stamp you made?

Kate

Beautiful, as always, Roger! I love the color scheme. And it's nice that it worked out the customer just happened to want a matching applique for his jacket. :thumbsup:

Can you post a photo of the stamp you made?

Kate

thanks Kate!

i'm glad he didn't want to see that piece go to waste! i had about 7 hours into the tooling. it killed to me have to do it over just because of the time involved.

here is the stamp. really nothing to it and i need to make a smaller one but, it did the job.

sorry the cloesup is not clearer... the camera wants to focus on the leather below.

DSC05294.jpg

DSC05298.jpg

Your the man Roger that's a winner

Josh

Sure is a winner!!!! Scales look very good and very original with your nifty little scales punch so bonus points for creativity!!!

Neat braiding and the colour is very slick too.

Great customer too but hey, if he doesn't buy that first top it means someone else will have a seat like him, smart move, I'm adapting that right away...double the profit..;-)

Tom

what can you say but wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

love your work, the color skem oufffff,i just hope one day i cant work like you

great work

this one was a bit of a nightmare as i forgot about a mod i needed to make to the seat and ended up having to tool a second top.

at least the customer does not want the first one to go to waste so i will be lacing on the back of a vest or jacket for him some time in the future.

made my own tool for the scales from a large stainless nail.

DSC05272.jpg

DSC05274.jpg

DSC05276.jpg

DSC05281.jpg

DSC05282.jpg

Very cool Roger. The braiding looks awesome too.

I'm in the process of designing a dragon themed seat for my fiancee's bike right now and hope it turns out as well as yours did. She wants a traditional Japanese Tatsu dragon though so finding good photo references is a pain!

thanks guys!

spinner.. there are plenty of pics if you search with Google.

most all the dragons i have seen are jap style and i wanted to do something different.

i will post a couple pics of the bike once i get them. this thing has some crazy sheet metal

Way cool and great idea on the scales.

Great as always Roger.

The color is terrific. Is that a shoe polish finish on it? I saw the Kiwi can in the background.

Hope you are staying busy.

David Theobald

thanks guys!

spinner.. there are plenty of pics if you search with Google.

most all the dragons i have seen are jap style and i wanted to do something different.

i will post a couple pics of the bike once i get them. this thing has some crazy sheet metal

Have you tried the new Bing.com image search? I had been looking on google for the right pictures (unfortunately having read up on "traditional" dragons and my fiancee being 1/2 Japanese, it's gotta be technically correct as well as nice looking) and found a lot on google but then yesterday tried Bing and whoa! A whole ton I hadn't seen showed up in the search. Ended up drawing my own last night based on pictures of statues & bronzes from some Japanese Temple gardens.

I really like how you got the colors to fade from a golden hue to red then to black on the seat, it looks awesome that way. Could you give a quick overview of how you accomplish that? I'm still learning about dying processes.

Thanks,

Chris

Way cool and great idea on the scales.

thanks! i am pretty happy with it

Great as always Roger.

The color is terrific. Is that a shoe polish finish on it? I saw the Kiwi can in the background.

Hope you are staying busy.

David Theobald

thanks David!

been real busy trying to catch up on a bunch of work and getting some "i need it asap!" work from some regular customers.

this seat has in in process since the beginning of the year. i am finally digging myself out of the hole i have been in since earlyer this year. i am finally taking on some new orders that i had put off the last two three months.

no shoe polish on this seat. :)

Have you tried the new Bing.com image search? I had been looking on google for the right pictures (unfortunately having read up on "traditional" dragons and my fiancee being 1/2 Japanese, it's gotta be technically correct as well as nice looking) and found a lot on google but then yesterday tried Bing and whoa! A whole ton I hadn't seen showed up in the search. Ended up drawing my own last night based on pictures of statues & bronzes from some Japanese Temple gardens.

I really like how you got the colors to fade from a golden hue to red then to black on the seat, it looks awesome that way. Could you give a quick overview of how you accomplish that? I'm still learning about dying processes.

Thanks,

Chris

haven't tried anything but google as i have had good luck finding what i need.

as far as the dye goes.... i learned quite some time ago to use an airbrush to apply my dye. there is way more comtrol and you don't need a top of the line airbrush to get the job done.

if you have any other questions, let me know and i will do what i can to answer them

thanks! i am pretty happy with it

thanks David!

been real busy trying to catch up on a bunch of work and getting some "i need it asap!" work from some regular customers.

this seat has in in process since the beginning of the year. i am finally digging myself out of the hole i have been in since earlyer this year. i am finally taking on some new orders that i had put off the last two three months.

no shoe polish on this seat. :)

haven't tried anything but google as i have had good luck finding what i need.

as far as the dye goes.... i learned quite some time ago to use an airbrush to apply my dye. there is way more comtrol and you don't need a top of the line airbrush to get the job done.

if you have any other questions, let me know and i will do what i can to answer them

Thanks Roger, looks like it's time to break out the Badger! ;)