Wow :rockon: A truly amzing piece of art!

Man, that is outstanding. Brilliant. Darryl

as much as i hate to be the one guy that has a bad thing to say the hat is great but the edge of the brim looks unfinished on the next one you should do the double loop or mexacan round braid and that would look slick and by the way i neeeeed to get a hold of a set of those patterns and the class was a great idea i'm the tandy mgr for the van nuys ca and if you don't mind me being a copy cat i might do a hat class here

wow! very nice I like the way you Vargas Styled Alice yowser!

Tal~

Well here is my latest. I know I dont come around a whole lot anymore, but I still love to check out things and share some of my stuff!

a little background....

I found the Old Tandy Aristocrat Hat pattern and thot it would be a great class for my store...and it was the class filled in less than a day with anxious students. We all picked a theme and went to work... Mine was Alice in Wonderland with a Pin up twist!

I hope y'all like it... It was my first but definately not my last! I have five or six designs drawn up and plan on doing them all!

that is so cool . Can you send me a pattern of your top hat . that would be awesome . thanks scott

love that hat frog. i would like to get a copy of that patternthough. i have been looking for that pattern for a while. again great hat. if you are willing to share that pattern you can pm me

Take it easy

Donnie Blaze

I would absolutely love to have that pattern, I just started tooling leather and I am HOOKED

Sweet top hat! I would like to get the pattern too. Even better, why not come back to Winter Park for a visit and host a class in your old digs?

I still blame you for getting me into this hobby - I swore it would only last a year...

- Dave

Well here is my latest. I know I dont come around a whole lot anymore, but I still love to check out things and share some of my stuff!

a little background....

I found the Old Tandy Aristocrat Hat pattern and thot it would be a great class for my store...and it was the class filled in less than a day with anxious students. We all picked a theme and went to work... Mine was Alice in Wonderland with a Pin up twist!

I hope y'all like it... It was my first but definately not my last! I have five or six designs drawn up and plan on doing them all!

I would expect nothing less sir!

As to the brim edge, I think just a really good burnishing would be fine. I personally would not like to have a laced brim, and feel it would detract from the rest of it, since nothing else is laced.

Looks good, I have been thinking of doing some hats myself, but leather gets waaaaaaay too hot here in the desert where it gets 115 at times. One of my hats has a Latigo visor, and it gets all droopy when the temps get up to the 90's. I have to have hats for summer months, and hats for winter months.

Hey Frog,

The carving looks great. I've been trying to do pin-up style carvings as I would like it to eventually be my style of theme but it's not often that one finds such a good example of it. Most of the figure carving books focus on cowboy themes and cowboys and such. Thanks for offering up such a fine example.

Do you happen to have any pictures of it in process? I'd love to see the carvings without color to get a better idea of your carving technique/placement as it seems the figures are a mosh of knife work, beveling and modeling tool work. You'd be my hero if you were to put together a step-by-step of the female form.

Great job!

Chris