hidepounder

Photo Album / Guest Book

Looks like we're in the presence of the Guy that outdid Al Stohlman! Your work is absolutely amazing, always makes me want to get back to the workbench too, Love seeing this, very nicely done!

Edited by Thalaskaru

Thanks everybody for all the compliments and support. It's wonderful to know when your efforts are appreciated and makes me strive to do better on the next project!

Bobby

Thanks Troy, I appreciate it...no I didn't double bevel my scrolls....I have taken so many things from your work that I feel double beveling the scrolls is sacred ground and belongs to you...I have been considering double beveling my stems though, LOL!

Thanks again,

Bobby

Thanks for the compliment Bob but believe me I didn't invent double beveling scrolls. I think somebody did that before we were born. Use anything you can.

Troy

Amazing. What is double bevelling?

Your not the only person that asked this, so I'm sure others may have the same question. After you have cut the scroll, or anything else you would want to double bevel, like Bob mentioned he might want to do his stems. Bevel to the inside of the line first, then bevel the outside of the cut like you normally would. This makes the scroll have a nice rounded effect that is very attractive. Downside is you have to bevel twice as much on the same item.

Troy

Grumpy,

I'm going to jump back in because I want to expand a little. While Troy is right, double beveling has been performed for many many years, he is one of the few toolers to make successful use of this technique in recent times. He has drawn a couple of patterns where double beveling the scrolls is a very prominent part of the pattern and I have never seen anyone do it better. He is way too modest to tell anyone this so I will. I study his tooling whenever I get a chance and have incorporated many of his ideas into my own work...that was the reason for my earlier comment. If you ever have the opportunity to see photos of the saddle he built for his daughter you will see how he makes use of that technique....it's stunning! Just wanted to get that on the record....

Bobby

Wooooo, that's so nice! I'm always so inspired when I look at your work. Thanks for posting!

Bob,

Outstanding work as always. I am in the process of making a photo book for my grate niece, who was born two momths ago, with the same construction as your book. You just raised the bar for me to do an even better job. I am even using the same stamping for the back cover. I would like to say, " grate minds think alike," but I know I have a ways to go before I'm in your company. You inspire us all with your outstanding craftsmanship.

Panther

Gorgeous piece of work, Bob! You_Rock_Emoticon.gif Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Bob all I can say is WOW .nice work. so clean and so professionel looking. Keep up the great work .it inspires all of use to be better leather workers. Gary

OMG. I think that is beautiful!!!

I am curious about how the pages are held in though. Care to share?

OMG. I think that is beautiful!!!

I am curious about how the pages are held in though. Care to share?

Thanks SOSHorses.....the pages are held in with two screw posts.....it's a very common system found on photo albums. The screw posts are covered by the flap.

Hope this helps.....

Bobby