Spider

My scary scrap is not so scary...

Rings. I tie them on the top so I can add a bead as a jewel. It can be anything though. I loop the string through the leather and then the bead and then tie it off in the middle layer so it doesn't poke the finger. I also put a dab of krazy glue to hold it in place.

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

Very interesting idea, Spider, I really like. Never seen rings made out of leather. If you don't mind, I'm keeping this idea in my file for later use ;)

Very interesting idea, Spider, I really like. Never seen rings made out of leather. If you don't mind, I'm keeping this idea in my file for later use ;)

Not a problem at all. I'm glad you like it. You can design them however you'd like. Small details on the band make a difference. Have fun with them and don't for get to share what you come up with. I'd love to see other's work. I will post more when I get a chance.

Nice Spider! The top one looks good enough to eat. To me, that live in coldSweden, it looks a bit like a red berry with frost on top. Not an unusaual sight in autumn here.

Tom

Cool Tom, Not sure how well leather digests though. I'd say stick to .......? what the heck do you eat?

Cool Tom, Not sure how well leather digests though. I'd say stick to .......? what the heck do you eat?

Probably herrings and smoked eel and great stuff like that!

Tony.

snazzy idea for scraps! I've seen 'em done with a spike on 'em too. maybe I'll give this idea to the monkey to do. she needs more practice on things. *L*

snazzy idea for scraps! I've seen 'em done with a spike on 'em too. maybe I'll give this idea to the monkey to do. she needs more practice on things. *L*

yeah, I've seen them with the seam on the bottom. I decided to do it on the top to tie in the bead. It has much potential since it will keep cost down and not require any hardware or clips. you know?

Thanks for sharing this, GREAT IDEA!!!

Thanks for sharing this, GREAT IDEA!!!

Thank you SadEyes. These can be fun for kids too.

:lol: spider...i cant see a skull anywhere!!!!! lol

:lol: spider...i cant see a skull anywhere!!!!! lol

Oh my, I think you are right. Even though these are tiny they should have a skull.

I just go out and club me a bear now and then but that's just because I'm a little afraid. Uncle Sven just stare them dead :spoton:

Tom

Edited by TomSwede

Great idea Spider, getting it to into the idea box:-)

And I agree with Tom, it does look like som eof the berries back home, Mountain Asche tree berries (Rönn) The Cedar Waxving birds love'em.

How sweet is you going soft on us now or have you really got a spider or a skull hidden in there some where, Don

Spider, maybe your ring just has to be worn with a cloak and vampire teeth to be scary : )

When you put the bead foward of the top end, does the top end tend to curl? Or do you glue it down? It seems like it would have a tendancy to curl up a bit and be possibly uncomfortable. I don't wear rings though, so what do I know? Rings in general, to me, are uncomfortable - but most people love them.

I've discovered, due to my impatient nature when the leather supply store is closed, that you can make some of your own 'hardware' with wire, a ball peen hammer and an anvil or some other thing to pound the wire flat on. (My anvil is a piece of railroad track that my carpenter/blacksmith friend ground down into a cute little anvil for me). I use flattened wire collars to attach all sorts of things. If the inside is hammered completely flat, and then sanded to remove any burrs, it can be very comforable. I make scrap leather chokers with rusty washers and other things I find in the street this way, but unfortunately I don't have any pictures of them at the moment.

I make other things from scrap leather, too. Next week I'll try to post some pictures. I've taken on way too many things (again!) at the moment, but it'll slow down a little on Tuesday.

Have a great week-end!

~Tammy

Hey Tammy,

Actually I've started to make the rings like the "Unfinished" one. Wrap string around inside of ring and around outside, without the bead. Then around the inside again and then the outside through the bead. Then Back in between the two layers and tie it off. A dab of krazy glue and you're set. This helps to first hold the layers together and then to add the bead as a decorative piece.

I've always loved what you do Tammy and you sharing how you go about getting inspired is just plain AWESOME.

Thank you