Here is the most recent project off my bench. These "Title Belts" are awards for a World Series roping here in Phoenix. They measure 25" long by 10" tall. They were really fun to do!

Bobby

post-7682-070471500 1298774865_thumb.jpgpost-7682-077117700 1298774866_thumb.jpg

Really nice work !! Who ever wins one of those is going to have a nice trophy to take home.

Here is the most recent project off my bench. These "Title Belts" are awards for a World Series roping here in Phoenix. They measure 25" long by 10" tall. They were really fun to do!

Bobby

post-7682-070471500 1298774865_thumb.jpgpost-7682-077117700 1298774866_thumb.jpg

Bobby,

Another inspiration for many of us.

Thank you,

ferg

Them darn ropers win everything trucks,trailers,and now title belts whats next? lol. Anyways great work as always Bob you set the bar for all us toolin cowboys out here keep up the great work and happy trails my friend.

Beautiful work as usual Bob, You're a true master of this craft and I enjoy looking at your creations :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Bobby

Robert- FANTASTIC work as usual! Request-

is there ANY way the you might do a really short tutorial on the finger cuts? I can see the finished result but have no idea as to where you begin the patterns. the acanthus, the overall flow, etc. Just a 3-4 series of fotos of a simple few swirls would be great. Maybe a piece of cased leather, then the first cut, then the second, and so on. I can take it from there but I want to see the basic beginning progression.

No pressure--- but I KNOW that I'm not the only one here who would like to see the starting cuts.

thanks SO much for showing your work and your constant critiques and tutorials.

reapectfully

pete

Bob,

Nice finger craving. I really like the addition of the crowner for an added texture/depth. Great work as always.

Regards,

Ben

Bobby,

Those are really neat. If you don't mind me asking a question, what kind of knife blade are you using to get the cuts to be as wide as they are. I am using a Leather Wrangler knife, and I really like it , but the cuts are narrow. I am assuming it has to do with the blade thickness and angle it is sharpened at. Again, those are beautiful.

Thanks,

Terry

Thanks for all the great comments everybody!

Robert- FANTASTIC work as usual! Request-

is there ANY way the you might do a really short tutorial on the finger cuts? I can see the finished result but have no idea as to where you begin the patterns. the acanthus, the overall flow, etc. Just a 3-4 series of fotos of a simple few swirls would be great. Maybe a piece of cased leather, then the first cut, then the second, and so on. I can take it from there but I want to see the basic beginning progression.

No pressure--- but I KNOW that I'm not the only one here who would like to see the starting cuts.

thanks SO much for showing your work and your constant critiques and tutorials.

reapectfully

pete

Hi Pete,

I'll have to give some thought to how to do that without making a production out of it, LOL!. It's something I touch on in my basic design classes.

Bobby

Bobby,

Those are really neat. If you don't mind me asking a question, what kind of knife blade are you using to get the cuts to be as wide as they are. I am using a Leather Wrangler knife, and I really like it , but the cuts are narrow. I am assuming it has to do with the blade thickness and angle it is sharpened at. Again, those are beautiful.

Thanks,

Terry

Thanks Terry,

I'm using a blade that Bob Beard made for me and it's thicker than LW or most other blades, however, I think that the depth of the cut as well as the condition of the leather probably have more to do with the cut laying open.Also applying an antique finish makes them show up better.

Biobby

Wow amazing stuff. I follow you on facebook Bob so keep it posted lol.