chancey77

51 Ford Door Panel Mock Up

Love working for guys like that. Whenever I do projects where I have a lot of hours in I always end up discounting too much as the bill as more than I would pay. I have a bad habit of charging what i would pay not based on hours and materials. That truck is going to be sick when done, I'm feeling it.

Love working for guys like that. Whenever I do projects where I have a lot of hours in I always end up discounting too much as the bill as more than I would pay. I have a bad habit of charging what i would pay not based on hours and materials. That truck is going to be sick when done, I'm feeling it.

PM SENT-

Awesome! That's a lot of leather. I bet it's going to look like something Brian Setzer (Stray Cats) would drive.

Awesome! That's a lot of leather. I bet it's going to look like something Brian Setzer (Stray Cats) would drive.

I know! I am having trouble keeping in all my excitement! And it is going to be a fine line between over doing it and just the right amount.

F' Brian Setzer...I am making it something I would drive...hahahahha

Just kidding I love the Stray Cats!

But here is one of my vids so you know where I am coming from...Sixgun Republic

That is my band if you haven't guessed!...hahaha

And here is one from the Harley Davidson Super Rally-

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAA!

There are a lot more on youtube if you want to watch them....

Edited by chancey77

Awesome sound! Lotsa energy. I love it! Even the live one sounded nice, most youtube vids of live shows sound crappy but not you guys. I'm going to YT now to add you to my favorites. I got a couple music vids there too, but not near as professional. My name there is MrGuitarjay.

Excellent musical interlude there chanceyYou_Rock_Emoticon.gif Damn, even looks like your band - party26.gif

but it's been 3 days and no progress pics, how's them panels looking ???? tongue.gif

Excellent musical interlude there chanceyYou_Rock_Emoticon.gif Damn, even looks like your band - party26.gif

but it's been 3 days and no progress pics, how's them panels looking ???? tongue.gif

I didn't do any work on Sunday or monday since I worked saturday...need time with the kids sometime....and my Honey Do list:) Unless I have a rush motorcycle going to a big show or magazine shoot, I don't work weekends...except sometimes....I try not to anyway...I did get some work on the Jinx Proof cat done this morning at 6:30-7:30 before I ran off to my Finnish language course I am now taking on top of my crazy work load...hahahaha no rest for the weary and never to late to learn a new language!

Bad lighting on the pic...but there you go.

post-28433-028071300 1330448899_thumb.jp

Sorry about that, I was forgetting people have a life outside of leather surrender.gif

Jinx Proof Cat is looking good, and I take it the bevelling was done with that swivel beveller.

It's no good, I gotta get one.yes.gif

Toivotan teille onnea koulutyötä, Suomen kieli ei ole helppoa.coffeecomp.gif

Sorry about that, I was forgetting people have a life outside of leather surrender.gif

Jinx Proof Cat is looking good, and I take it the bevelling was done with that swivel beveller.

It's no good, I gotta get one.yes.gif

Toivotan teille onnea koulutyötä, Suomen kieli ei ole helppoa.coffeecomp.gif

:)

post-28433-074965500 1330467449_thumb.jp

I know! I am having trouble keeping in all my excitement! And it is going to be a fine line between over doing it and just the right amount.

F' Brian Setzer...I am making it something I would drive...hahahahha

Just kidding I love the Stray Cats!

But here is one of my vids so you know where I am coming from...Sixgun Republic

Love it man! Makes me want to go pick up one of my babies and get some tubes overheating. With general chaos at work, family, and this leather stuff, I've hardly played anything in almost a year.

Anybody ever tell you that first one has a cool kind of Danzig sound to it in your voice?

Ok here is 3 more hours of work on the door panels, I got theFord - D finished...I have to tell ya, doing pinstripes in this style of stipe is a heck of a challenge to bevel! Those of you who don't know ther is 3 main style of pinstriping, this logo is made up of all 2...because if we are going to do it and pinstripers are going to be seriously checking this out,; then we might as well throw a wrench in their brain as well... Every letter has its own weird stuff going on, so this is one heck of a mind bender! How do you bevel straight lines.."reverse beveling" ....I figured it out; but WOW my brain hurts! hahaha

I had to take a break away from it for a while, so I started the crown and the Eagle as well...there is going to be so many more pieces, but like i said, at least it is a start....

post-28433-010725000 1330548601_thumb.jp

post-28433-047055000 1330548608_thumb.jp

Yeah, I can see the confusion you had on that one. It's looking great though. There's some stuff I might normally consider a mistake, but I know how well you remedy that stuff in the process. It's a lot different taking single line designs and transferring them to an inherently 3D medium. I need to get back to striping one of these days but just can't focus long enough to pull a straight line when I'm on painkillers.

I'm getting ready to do some scroll style "striping" designs on a tiny eyeglass case for my daughter (smallest work I've done so far) - we'll see how bad my brain hurts when I'm done. Probably similar to figuring out which side to do on torn flesh.

Ok 1 more hour and I am done for the day...night whatever:) I finished knifing out the Ford logo, now I just need to Bevel out the rest of the letters:) Here you can really see the biggest difference between beveling and not beveling!

I over sharpened my knife today, and I need to spend some time dulling it back down a bit, or flatten out the edge and start over...I thought I would try my diamond sharpener on the hollow ground S.K., but I am not real happy with the results, they are great for my other knifes, but I think it isn't right for the swivel knife....again back to old school basics:) But I am out of Rouge, which is why I used the diamani...I cleaned the other day and can't find my ready strop anywhere...I think it might have gone to the trash accidentally! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

post-28433-081348300 1330555613_thumb.jp

Edited by chancey77

NEVER CLEAN (says the guy that's in the process of cleaning his own shop). It's looking better and better every time. I'm just highly anticipating everything you're going to do to tie them all together. Now, imagine if you had to hammer out all those bevels.....

NEVER CLEAN (says the guy that's in the process of cleaning his own shop). It's looking better and better every time. I'm just highly anticipating everything you're going to do to tie them all together. Now, imagine if you had to hammer out all those bevels.....

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS! hahahahaha I clean the work space almost every day just to organize, but sometimes it needs some serious attention when you are as busy as <I have been the last few weeks, total where is that OMG OK I HAVE TO CLEAN::::4hrs later, now I can't find my good old strop, and worried it is gone ...oh well I will just make another one:) it is probably # 500 and something anyway:) hahahah as far as to tie all together I just need to look at my arms....€,$¢ C cleffs question marks, whiskey dots and stars of all kinds and lots more artwork.....MUU-HAA(evil laugh). Man, carving pinstripes is HARD!!!!!!!!! Especially with a gimp S.K....

The Picture looks small on your computer but it is 20"L x 9" tall.....So it is quite a big piece...then there will be more pinstripes around it, but the pinstripe artist wanted to wait until I was done with all the other pictures to design more pinstripes...

Edited by chancey77

but sometimes it needs some serious attention when you are as busy as <I have been the last few weeks, total where is that OMG OK I HAVE TO CLEAN

Yeah, that's what caused my cleaning fit. During my last guitar build, everything just got put wherever it was most convenient so I wouldn't disturb the soft nitro lacquer. Now I can see what my bench is made out of, so there's some progress.

I look at the pinstripes as a PITA version of celtic work. Gotta figure out which line is crossing over which, but it's not a thick line so it's really hard to picture. Yeah, definitely need to chill and grab a beer after that one.

Yeah, that's what caused my cleaning fit. During my last guitar build, everything just got put wherever it was most convenient so I wouldn't disturb the soft nitro lacquer. Now I can see what my bench is made out of, so there's some progress.

I look at the pinstripes as a PITA version of celtic work. Gotta figure out which line is crossing over which, but it's not a thick line so it's really hard to picture. Yeah, definitely need to chill and grab a beer after that one.

OK so 1 more small addition before I hit the sack!

The Razor knife will get a LOT more attention and possible pinstripes / fancy knife filigree, but figured it is something I can bust out fast so I don't have to look at so much empty spaces for the time being until 2mo when I can hit it again. I just want to get everything ruffed in and then worry about the tedious details later. Well it is 3 am and I have to be up in hrs.....good night all!

post-28433-030832800 1330562755_thumb.jp

It's amazing you function at all :coffeecomp:.

That really helps to fill it all in. Now put a sheet on it and get some sleep.

Good Morning! .....3 hrs of sleep this is how I roll! Every day! Great tunes and a pot of coffee!!!!!! YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT TTTTTTTOOOOOOO

WWWWWWORRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKK!

post-28433-089816400 1330579385_thumb.jp

Edited by chancey77

Good Morning! .....3 hrs of sleep this is how I roll! Every day! Great tunes and a pot of coffee!!!!!! YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT TTTTTTTOOOOOOO

WWWWWWORRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKK!

You know, with the shortage of hours I'm feeling in the day lately, I just might start doing the same pretty soon. Sucks having a full time career outside of the other stuff you need to get done. I'm off for some of that beauty sleep now. I'll see if you were able to keep away from the door panel when I head to work in the morning

:zzz::zzz:

Got in my leather order today for the 1951 Ford Pick up project. I thought I would start by making a couple miniature size ones so we can get an idea of where we are heading. These are the size of my hand right now but will be 37" x 37" or 90cm x 90cm for all my metric user buddies out there:)

Obviously I am going to have so much more room for a lot of detail, but these little mock ups are just to cool not to share!

I can't wait to dive into these this weekend...I am thinking about 200hrs each before they are done....

Again these are just spit ball ideas for the panels now:)

IT IS A RAT ROD 51...The owner has done a lot to the bottom side and now ready for the road, but the interior is going to be sick! We are starting with the door panels and will do the seat and rear upholstery and headliner. But first things first...Door Panels:)

So enjoy!

Please don't move this, I'll never find you again, LOLOL

You know, with the shortage of hours I'm feeling in the day lately, I just might start doing the same pretty soon. Sucks having a full time career outside of the other stuff you need to get done. I'm off for some of that beauty sleep now. I'll see if you were able to keep away from the door panel when I head to work in the morning

:zzz::zzz:

SLAVE::::::hahahahahha

I sold my soul for rock and roll a long time ago, I am pretty unemployable by normal means......ahhahahaha

Edited by chancey77

SLAVE::::::hahahahahha

I sold my soul for rock and roll a long time ago, I am pretty unemployable by normal means......ahhahahaha

Yeah, I tried selling mine, but it was too damaged for Rock and Roll to take the offer :devil:.

OK back to work...I will post something later:)