chancey77

51 Ford Door Panel Mock Up

There were a couple little bleed over spots that would drive me nuts normally, but it doesn't really show through when you step back and look at it as a whole. That's the kind of OCD stuff I was talking about. That's always my biggest problem - sometimes striving so hard for perfection that it sets me back.

Funny the things you spot, it was the tuft of stray fur on top of one ear that drew my eye.

That cat certainly POPS now there's some color on him.

Good idea to start the other panel now, not only beaks it up for you, but gives us more to look at. thumbsup.gif

And the blade of that straight razor is calling out to be gilded with silver leaf Lighten.gif

Funny the things you spot, it was the tuft of stray fur on top of one ear that drew my eye.

That cat certainly POPS now there's some color on him.

Good idea to start the other panel now, not only beaks it up for you, but gives us more to look at. thumbsup.gif

And the blade of that straight razor is calling out to be gilded with silver leaf Lighten.gif

Ya just a bit of hair sticking out of the ear....i thought it would be a small detail:) I have been thinking about the knife...you will like it:)

There were a couple little bleed over spots that would drive me nuts normally, but it doesn't really show through when you step back and look at it as a whole. That's the kind of OCD stuff I was talking about. That's always my biggest problem - sometimes striving so hard for perfection that it sets me back.

I think that's a good idea to start the other one now, as long as you're satisfied with the overall scheme now. Right now it probably seems like a lot of overload just focusing on the one panel. Working two at the same time could be like a mental break and help you feel like you're not just doing one thing all day. Plus, that will give you time to soak up what you've done on one and make a good determination of where you're going with it. You know, let it stew for a bit and not over think it while it's fresh.

My OCD is my biggest problem as well. When you look at the picture a ways back it is super cool and shows I get too nuts over the detail work but I can't help it.

Have you been slacking, or did you finally decide to let it rest for a while??

Have you been slacking, or did you finally decide to let it rest for a while??

I have other jobs that are being worked on at the same time:) I am making a MC club belt and wallet the next couple days...sorry door panels have to wait a couple days:)

I was waiting for my leather order to arrive cause I was out of 8/9 oz belt leather, so got it today and I am rocking that out...job is paid and been waiting for a couple weeks now, so I have to do it asap for the guy:) He has another 30 dudes in the club chapter so if I do it now and get it out of the way, more orders from the club are coming:) There is always a ginny pig that has to go first then everyone orders belts after club approval...it is just the way it works:) I have been making MC stuff for lots of clubs and it is always the same way. 1 belt turns into 20+ and I hate myself for taking it:) hahahaha But hey you got to do what you got to do...some guys have to make copies of papers all day...i make leather:)

Good plan. I knew you weren't slacking. Just had to give you hell since you hadn't posted any projects lately :spoton:

Good plan. I knew you weren't slacking. Just had to give you hell since you hadn't posted any projects lately :spoton:

There you go something to figure out.. how to make black and blue pop and work together with just dye ( YOU CAN*T) the colors are to close...but they are the club colors...then accidentally figuring out how to make metal flake blue dye:) hahahaha A:E:L:!!!! I surprised myself today:) and this is me patting myself on the back...hahahaha LOL ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K!;)

post-28433-023513500 1331068914_thumb.jp

There you go something to figure out.. how to make black and blue pop and work together with just dye ( YOU CAN*T) the colors are to close...but they are the club colors...then accidentally figuring out how to make metal flake blue dye:) hahahaha A:E:L:!!!! I surprised myself today:) and this is me patting myself on the back...hahahaha LOL ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K!;)

Could you get like a light blue or something to bridge the gap? I'm thinking like the black to white to blue kind of thing that's done with a lot of pinstriping. Maybe just do your cut lines with that to highlight the lettering and make it pop out.

Could you get like a light blue or something to bridge the gap? I'm thinking like the black to white to blue kind of thing that's done with a lot of pinstriping. Maybe just do your cut lines with that to highlight the lettering and make it pop out.

i am not done by any means;)

I was out of white today and I was more concerned with the main letter popping first...then the edges..later:) But that is a good suggestion and exactly what will happen, except with white:) C.C's Bl/W

i am not done by any means;)

I was out of white today and I was more concerned with the main letter popping first...then the edges..later:) But that is a good suggestion and exactly what will happen, except with white:) C.C's Bl/W

I was thinking that at first but thought since you said the club colors were black and blue, that a blue tinted white would be a good choice.

Your door panel is looking good....I have a particular fondness for "Jinx" cats.....Actually, my next tat is a black cat. I really love those old school Halloween decorations with the Jinx cat. Back when Halloween still had decorations with snarling cats, grimacing pumpkins and green-face witches with warts on their nose. (sigh)

post-5377-087616100 1331133058_thumb.jpg

Back when Halloween still had decorations with snarling cats, grimacing pumpkins and green-face witches with warts on their nose. (sigh)

Yeah, before walmart and disney took over the best home-decor shopping day of the year.

Your door panel is looking good....I have a particular fondness for "Jinx" cats.....Actually, my next tat is a black cat. I really love those old school Halloween decorations with the Jinx cat. Back when Halloween still had decorations with snarling cats, grimacing pumpkins and green-face witches with warts on their nose. (sigh)

post-5377-087616100 1331133058_thumb.jpg

Then you are going to love me because there is already plans for one on the other door :) how is your brass hunt turning out???

OK folks here is another 3.5 hrs. I finished the Beveling of the Ford Logo and got started coloring the pinstriped Ford Logo...here is the F:) I am done for the day...pretty nerve racking!!!!!!!!!

post-28433-090981300 1331164379_thumb.jp

post-28433-080919800 1331164386_thumb.jp

I am done for the day...pretty nerve racking!!!!!!!!!

You pulled it off great though. I'm really loving the use of black there to take out out of pinstripe shapes and back to full one dual color striping work.

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

1330801845[/url]' post='237391']

2 funny guys...ahhhh wises guy huh......Cause I had to edit it ....now look up there:)

I even took the day off...so far from leather and even had a 3hr. nap on the couch...FYI....

And here is coupe more pics...as well as the 3 before you posted your comments....while i was editing the post...lol hahahaha

Image 2, captioned brake ... Is an automatic oiler for delivering steam cylinder oil to the steam admission valves and mabe to the cylinder as well. The tubing coming out of the bottom goes to each point that needs oil.

CTG

Image 2, captioned brake ... Is an automatic oiler for delivering steam cylinder oil to the steam admission valves and mabe to the cylinder as well. The tubing coming out of the bottom goes to each point that needs oil.

CTG

I will make sure to get in touch with you when I am building my next steam powered motorcycle!!!!!!!!!! You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

I will make sure to get in touch with you when I am building my next steam powered motorcycle!!!!!!!!!! You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

The knowledge available in the LW Forum is second to none, you can't beat it :clapping:

Oh yes, and that 'F' is looking sweet now it's got a bit of colour too it :specool:

Your train photos are great. I used to live beside the track and saw the transition from steam to diesel, much to my disgust. When are you going to start on it? We need a pressure welder and good machinist too. Maybe we should get this guy on board too.

post-16698-007765300 1331226838_thumb.jp If I was any good at drawing cartoons, I would do one of you on a 3 wheeler with a boiler spewing black smoke and ash. But I guess my imagination will have to suffice.

CTG

Your train photos are great. I used to live beside the track and saw the transition from steam to diesel, much to my disgust. When are you going to start on it? We need a pressure welder and good machinist too. Maybe we should get this guy on board too.

post-16698-007765300 1331226838_thumb.jp If I was any good at drawing cartoons, I would do one of you on a 3 wheeler with a boiler spewing black smoke and ash. But I guess my imagination will have to suffice.

CTG

That is awesome, I can't believe I haven't seen that picture before!

Ya I love trains, I have a lot more pics than that I took 140...details:)

I have always dreamed of a steam powered motorbike, there are I think 3 running steam cars left here in Finland, I have seen them at the car shows...awesome machines!

I used to ride the train from nyc to florida a lot! I used to ride for free so it was a wonderful way to go if I had the time. You meet the wackiest people on the train!

That is awesome, I can't believe I haven't seen that picture before!

Ya I love trains, I have a lot more pics than that I took 140...details:)

I have always dreamed of a steam powered motorbike, there are I think 3 running steam cars left here in Finland, I have seen them at the car shows...awesome machines!

I used to ride the train from nyc to florida a lot! I used to ride for free so it was a wonderful way to go if I had the time. You meet the wackiest people on the train!

The first train ride I remember was a steamer in the dead of winter, colder than heck. The train consisted of the engine, tender, 1 passenger car, baggage (and mail) car and caboose. Wasn't a long distance, about 60 miles. There was a pot bellied wood/coal heater at one end of the car. It was glowing red hot. You toasted on one side and froze on the other. I must have been about age 4. I remember the toilet was open to the track, so you could see the ties whizing by below. Pretty cold seat, worse than an outhouse.

During the summer, the engineers used to stop the train during luch hour, get out and eat their lunch along with anyone else that wanted to stretch their legs. The engineers would shoot gophers for a little target practice. No one worried about thw schedule on this lonely side track.

In the 1920s my grandfather road the rails (free unless you were caught, then a few days in jail) looking for work across Canada and norther US.

CTG

Edited by northmount

In the 1920s my grandfather road the rails (free unless you were caught, then a few days in jail) looking for work across Canada and norther US.

That would have been the days!

My uncle worked for Amtrak for 30 years and I used to ride the "orange blossom special" and get off in orlando or take another train to Tampa. He died a few years ago, but some of the old timers still remember me, all I have to do is show up at Penn station and find some older guys and hop on board, they always hook me up with a bunk and at the end of the trip I throw them some cash for the hook ups! Great folks!

Now you got me itching...hmmm, the Moscow Night train is pretty cheap from Helsinki...my wife has taken it a few times. Quite the adventure! St. Petersberg is only like 5 hrs, and 75€ each way:) 11 hrs to Moscow:)

On another note!

There is supposed to be Aurora tonight you should see it there in the great white north!

On another note!

There is supposed to be Aurora tonight you should see it there in the great white north!

They said we might see it down in my area last night, but I guess I was just a little too far south.

OK HERE IS THE UPDATES:)

I hit it pretty hard again tonight for 4 hrs straight...I managed to get the red all done, and the outlines on the D done, but I think it is quitting time! After all it is 4:30am:)

post-28433-027422700 1331346971_thumb.jp