chancey77

51 Ford Door Panel Mock Up

I love how much the simple black lines really darken up the red. That's a great contrast photo to show people the simple things that can bring out their work. Now, let's see if I can get similar quality coloring results :notworthy:

I love how much the simple black lines really darken up the red. That's a great contrast photo to show people the simple things that can bring out their work. Now, let's see if I can get similar quality coloring results :notworthy:

Ya it makes a BIG difference! KIITOS! TAK!Thanks!

OK STILL WORKING ON THE BLADE, AND I THINK I AM GOING TO PICK UP SOME GOLD LEAF FOR IT....BUT ANYWAY DON'T LOOK AT THAT PART YET!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

So got the lace holes punched

Started the border

Did the tiki...which my wife drew:) yes she is awesome!:)

And carved the snake/rose...also been working on a super secret bad ass drawing which has to go on the doors! You will see....I don't even want to spoil it!

I am almost afraid to attempt carve it...but it MUST be done!

I had a little help today from my son god bless him...but it was a little messy but fun anyway I can clean up and hide a coupe little spots! He really wanted to help....HE HAS BEEN WATCHING TO MANY GEORGE HURST VIDEO ON TANDY'S WEB SITE! HE IS ONLY 3....HAHAHAHA

But hey he has the right attitude...just a little trouble keeping in the lines...but that is ok, I can fix just about anything:)

post-28433-025780600 1331493074_thumb.jp

post-28433-080233400 1331493082_thumb.jp

post-28433-077238100 1331493088_thumb.jp

Man, after seeing how small your lace holes are in comparison to the rest - I don't envy you when it comes to that point. I gotta stop stressing over "ruining" my stuff with color and just get it done.

OK STILL WORKING ON THE BLADE, AND I THINK I AM GOING TO PICK UP SOME GOLD LEAF FOR IT....BUT ANYWAY DON'T LOOK AT THAT PART YET!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

Ya want SILVER leaf for it spoton.gif

The rest of it is looking awesome. Love the Tiki too.

Have you made a start on the second panel yet?

I am going to have some minions help lace these things! What I am really not looking forward to is drilling out the holes in the wood! Drill press hell!

I have the second panel basic mock up with pictures already done, but still moving and adding them a bit. I see this one being done this week:) I might beat 120hrs:) I am just trying to get it done...my list is growing by the day and summer is coming already:)

I juts have to buckle down and live with maybe a couple small things that I know are going to drive me crazy, but I really don't have to much time to look back. Full stem ahead and damn the torpedoes!

Man, after seeing how small your lace holes are in comparison to the rest - I don't envy you when it comes to that point. I gotta stop stressing over "ruining" my stuff with color and just get it done.

624 give or take 1 or 2...That is how many lace holes there are...I figure it is going to take 50meters 164ft of lace per door panel! WOWSERS!

I am calling it a day and the Ford logo for this panel is DONE!!!!!!!!!

Please allow me to adjust my pants, so that I may dance the good time dance!!!!!!

And put the on-lookers and innocent bystanders into a trance!

Here is everything I did today in 12hrs!!!!!

Viper and Rose---done!

Ford Logo --DONE

Tiki Handle for the Straight Razor--DONE

624 Holes punched--Done!

Border Scallop 100% Star and Leaf Tool 50%-Done

Designed the next Picture leather next up for this panel (that will remain a surprise) hahahaELH!-Done!

=

1 very tired guy!

I hope yall enjoy todays final update!

I am still working on the blade but need my brain for that one...so not today! I am headed for the sack!

I will leave you with some good tunes!

Enjoy! My FAVORITE ROCK BAND----CLUTCH!!!!!!!!!

post-28433-059755200 1331508799_thumb.jp

post-28433-027288600 1331508812_thumb.jp

post-28433-059461400 1331508819_thumb.jp

Edited by chancey77

Is this a dye or paint that your using if so what kind?

Is this a dye or paint that your using if so what kind?

99% of everything R,B,G,Y,Bla

Is all dye! I rarely use any paints...I am on the blaed a combination or dyes and paints.

I use a Danish made dye called R.O.C.

I do not hink they sell it in the USA.

But it is exactly like Feibings dyes.

Had a long weekend at a clubhouse making stuff all weekend...I need some recoup time:)

I will get back on the doors 2morrow:)

Had a long weekend at a clubhouse making stuff all weekend...I need some recoup time:)

I will get back on the doors 2morrow:)

Did they all want belts at the same time?

Did they all want belts at the same time?

no...already did their belts a while back...and no time for that...bracelets,and heavy key lanyards with all brass hardware....

624 give or take 1 or 2...That is how many lace holes there are...I figure it is going to take 50meters 164ft of lace per door panel! WOWSERS!

I am calling it a day and the Ford logo for this panel is DONE!!!!!!!!!

Please allow me to adjust my pants, so that I may dance the good time dance!!!!!!

And put the on-lookers and innocent bystanders into a trance!

Here is everything I did today in 12hrs!!!!!

Viper and Rose---done!

Ford Logo --DONE

Tiki Handle for the Straight Razor--DONE

624 Holes punched--Done!

Border Scallop 100% Star and Leaf Tool 50%-Done

Designed the next Picture leather next up for this panel (that will remain a surprise) hahahaELH!-Done!

=

1 very tired guy!

I hope yall enjoy todays final update!

I am still working on the blade but need my brain for that one...so not today! I am headed for the sack!

I will leave you with some good tunes!

Enjoy! My FAVORITE ROCK BAND----CLUTCH!!!!!!!!!

Man, what kind of music u listening to....dont they have Little Walter and Muddy up there where u are....or Cliffton Chenier....?? Or at least some Cream or Stones....wow...where am I....Am I that old...hahahaa///????

Nice panel, coming along good....it is getting better and better....

Greetings from SW Virginia...82 Degrees...hahaha...is it still snowing up there...??

Aloha

Jimbob where u at

Man, what kind of music u listening to....dont they have Little Walter and Muddy up there where u are....or Cliffton Chenier....?? Or at least some Cream or Stones....wow...where am I....Am I that old...hahahaa///????

Don't sweat it Jimbob! My magical music box has plenty of Muddy, Hopkins,Wolf,Walter and Hooker in it as well...I'm no one trick pony! I also got a large collection of Western Swing and miles and miles of Country to go along with my seemingly endless collection of Blues and Hardcore:)

Sometimes you just need some High Octane to get you through the late nights!:)

Thanks by the way:)

Don't sweat it Jimbob! My magical music box has plenty of Muddy, Hopkins,Wolf,Walter and Hooker in it as well...I'm no one trick pony!

Oooh. I think I'm in the mood for some Howlin Wolf and John Lee Hooker this morning. I've been in such a Pantera and Megadeth mood lately that I've lost track of my old school favorites.

:) yep getting there and I will show it now when done:) Client can only afford 50hrs per month, so I am making other stuff in between his job:)

Like all you have accomplished so far! Can't wait to see the finished project.

Super rad!! I'm definitely jealous, I'd just about die for panels like this. I just got back from "VLV 15" (huge annual rockabilly car show in Las Vegas, if youre unfamiliar) and have to say that your panels blow anything out of the water that was at the show! Can't wait to see them finished.

Super rad!! I'm definitely jealous, I'd just about die for panels like this. I just got back from "VLV 15" (huge annual rockabilly car show in Las Vegas, if youre unfamiliar) and have to say that your panels blow anything out of the water that was at the show! Can't wait to see them finished.

YA I have been to VLV 2 times...always a GREAT time...just to many people from Cali for my taste:) I am an East Coast guy...hahahah

I have been busting hump since last night to get this project back on track, and made a pretty big dent between last night and today, I will work through the night, but here is the latest as of right now...lots of color to add still, and still tooling like a mad man. It had been a while, but now I am hitting these hard again!

Enjoy:)

post-28433-062883400 1337794345_thumb.jp

Enjoyment Achieved!!

:You_Rock_Emoticon: