RoosterShooter

Leatherburnishers.com ... Anyone Have Their Tools?

I tried a dremel sanding tool, but I found I can actually get better results with a good old sanding block and sandpaper.

I tried a dremel sanding tool, but I found I can actually get better results with a good old sanding block and sandpaper.

I was thinking if sanding by hand, I'd try the flexible sanding blocks (kind if like a hard sponge permanently wrapped in sand paper) - anyone used these for this purpose?

I haven't used sanding sponges before, but I was curious about them when I saw them in Harbor Fraight a couple months ago. If you try them, please let us know how it goes. I'm thinking they might be a little soft, but heck that might just give you a better curve on the edge.

Hi Andy,

I just noticed your post. I'm glad you like the burnisher so much! I will pass the info on to Beary,,, I'm sure he'll appreciate the comments.

Thanks! Yes, love the burnisher. Not only is it nice to look at but it works great too! One day, I need a new maul or mallet from you guys too. I'm hoping for a good Christmas gift. ;-)

Andy

I wanted a set of the Bearman burnishers but they don't have a way to purchase on their website & don't answer email So I guess the ones on ebay will have to do.

Curt

I wanted a set of the Bearman burnishers but they don't have a way to purchase on their website & don't answer email So I guess the ones on ebay will have to do.

Curt

When did you email? Ed's been struggling to get caught up with things lately after some personal stuff. You might try emailing him again, or maybe even sending him a message here. Usually I get a response back from him within a couple of days.

Ed if you see this message I'm in need of a few of your burnishers.

Curt

7o4-2.4.2.-15o7

Hi Curt, My son Beary is actually the one who makes the burnishers. His email is: leatherburnishers@yahoo.com I'll let him know to look for your email. If you can't get through to him in a couple days,,, just get back with me. For some reason,,, yahoo is loosing some of his emails. Thanks,,, Ed

This is late in the thread....but Beary makes quality stuff. When I get more into stamping, I'm gonna buy at least one (if not a few) of his mauls. I'm probably going to buy another burnisher.

+1 for Leatherburnisher.com

I just received my holster makers special burnisher from Beary and it is amazing. I had previously ordered a set of dremel burnisher from them but recently got a drill press.

Both the dremel set and the holster makers special have great craftsmenship and do a great job on a well prepared edge.

My method is to cut, touch up with sander if needed, bevel, and burnish. I have used many different methods (glycerin 50/50 with water, glycerin bar, aussie leather balm, bees wax, etc.)

The price, and order process was great. Took a few weeks but that was worth it and Beary was up front about that.

Good stuff, on my second set. Advice though... be patient. Could take a while.

It took me a little over three weeks for both my first and second order. That was the discussed ETA. Well worth it.

Sorry y'all, where can I see one of these? I need a better method than the Stone Age one I use.