So, after years of carrying one of my models in blank brown veg-tan, I decided I should be carrying something that better reflects most of my work.

I made this wallet to sell, but after a couple of days of looking at it I decided to "buy" it myself.

Now when anyone asks to see an example of my work, I can show them a true custom piece.

It's black hippo with my 'Dos Crusas' design in toxic green lizard inlayed in black cowhide and featuring my toxic KKL logo lining.

post-3955-0-24305200-1354837950_thumb.jp

post-3955-0-04174300-1354837951_thumb.jp

post-3955-0-94162800-1354837951_thumb.jp

post-3955-0-31099000-1354837949_thumb.jp

post-3955-0-11061000-1354837948_thumb.jp

A work of art, as always. That is definitely a screaming green.

So, what happens when someone likes that one so much they offer cash on the barrel-head for it? It seems I've seen a post or a comment about another wallet that you were considering keeping and wound up selling it? ;)

Exception work Kevin, the sewing is spot on. I love that Toxic Green Lizard, can you indulge me as to where you got it from?

Superb Craftsmanship ! Well Done !

Nice work, but you already know that. You picked my two favorite colors. I love black and bright green together. So much in fact I have made a wallet, cuff (avatar) and bicycle in this color scheme. I made a bright green tooled leather head badge for the bike. Anyway thanks again for posting.

Thanks. I never get to have anything cool. So I splurged on myself. Got the green stuff from John Fong.

WANT ONE LIKE THAT! :cowgirl:

a flashy green + a deep black

without speaking of the neat sewing work!

Amazing!!

It's smart to carry a good example of your current work, if you can. When folks ask what kind of leatherwork you do, no one wants to see you pull out a beat-up, years-old wallet!

Glad you got to keep this one. It's a beauty!

That is too cool! love the colour scheme and the workmanship is top notch!

Very nice! I always enjoy looking at your work. I'm just amazed at how much exotic work you do, and how many colors it comes in!! Would I be right in assuming you come up with the color palette on paper/computer, etc., then call around to see who has that particular color in stock, regardless of what animal it actually comes from?

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what thickness thread do you use?

Very nice! I always enjoy looking at your work. I'm just amazed at how much exotic work you do, and how many colors it comes in!! Would I be right in assuming you come up with the color palette on paper/computer, etc., then call around to see who has that particular color in stock, regardless of what animal it actually comes from?

Also, if you don't mind my asking, what thickness thread do you use?

Thanks for the compliments.

Sometimes I have a plan, but most of the time I just use what I have on-hand at the time. There are times people want certain colors here and there, but for the most part these things make themselves...I'm just there to help em along.

I use 69 thread.

Good God this is nice

The design, the colors and the stitching details WOW. Absolutely love it!

Something to aspire towards

Nice work! Do you do the sewing by hand? or machine? The sewing is superb!

Where can you order your own custom logo lining from? That's a fabulous idea!

Thanks again for the compliments.

Nice work! Do you do the sewing by hand? or machine? The sewing is superb!

Thank you! I so sew some project by hand, like sheaths and what-not, but I use a machine (Juki DNU1541) on all of the intricate designs and construction of wallets. I'd be lost without that machine.

Where can you order your own custom logo lining from? That's a fabulous idea!

Thank you. I think it adds that additional personal touch to a piece. It might as well be just as cool to look at inside as it is outside. I make them in-house using dye sublimation.

Thanks again!

KK

I'm always impressed at the details of your items. It seems it would take forever to make something like that.

Mind sharing how you do the dye sublimation? I couldn't even spell it, luckily my iphone was able to fix it.

I can relate to never having anything nice. I always end up with my goof ups that are a little to imperfect to sell. Everything nice I make for myself I end up selling when someone wants it. My friend suggested on my next holster I should tool my name on it so no one wants it. Of course they all get my name on it so that probably wouldn't work. It is important to carry a good example of your work, I always got pissed at myself everytime I had to explain that what I have is a little imperfect, although everyone always says they never would have noticed it if I wouldn't have mentioned it.

Thanks again for the compliments.

Thank you! I so sew some project by hand, like sheaths and what-not, but I use a machine (Juki DNU1541) on all of the intricate designs and construction of wallets. I'd be lost without that machine.

Thank you. I think it adds that additional personal touch to a piece. It might as well be just as cool to look at inside as it is outside. I make them in-house using dye sublimation.

Thanks again!

KK

Edited by billymac814