I bought the key "hooks" a while ago but never got around making one of these key wallets .I just found them today in one of my boxes and decide to give it a shot. Very simple design and very easy to make . The card pocket can accomodate 2-3 cards.Next one will probably have 2 pockets for cards

I used a scrap piece of leather, chrome tan, 3-4oz. The "hooks " are set in place with tubular rivets and the whole wallet is machine stitched with #138 thread. I might come up with a stencil and make a bunch more with the scrap leather i have laying around.

Any oppinions...including critiques are more then welcome

Thanks !

537893_4265789078304_266802643_n.jpg

318013_4265789718320_938195886_n.jpg

13806_4265789558316_1503141960_n.jpg

735066_4265789758321_1730374621_n.jpg

Edited by LeatherLegion

Nice job/Very clean!

Chris

I like it!

That's a nice looking piece of leather. Also nice work on the wallet. I'm curious when fully loaded with keys if the keys would tend to poke out the open side under the snap strap? If so that would drive me nuts! Perhaps another side beside the keys or the snap strap to extend to the bottom like a "biker wallet" flap? Just some thoughts for ya.

I only had 3 keys in it , and some how they "behaved" ...none of them tried to escape. I was afraid it will get too bulky once the keys are inside , but it's not...it's actually pretty flat...for what it is...lol..Having it made with that biker wallet flap is probably the right way...i just thought it will look better with a strap and the fancy concho as snap.I still have few "hooks" left and probably the next one will have that "biker wallet" look

That's a nice looking piece of leather. Also nice work on the wallet. I'm curious when fully loaded with keys if the keys would tend to poke out the open side under the snap strap? If so that would drive me nuts! Perhaps another side beside the keys or the snap strap to extend to the bottom like a "biker wallet" flap? Just some thoughts for ya.

Where do you buy that style of key plate?

That particular one I think I got it from an Etsy store....just do a search on Ebay too