Here's the first of 5 rope cans for this association. I am really happy with the way this one turned out. There's definitely some Bob Park aka "Hidepounder" influences in it. I hope he won't mind. I do know that my interpretation of the "Hidepounder" things are still lightyears from his level of mastery. Nonetheless, I think for a bunch of calf roper's, they're going to like the awards. Take a look and let me know your thoughts. Be blessed gang.

post-7660-0-39980000-1362591454_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-36960000-1362591480_thumb.jp

Just lovely! They will be very pleased with them!

applaudes! ;)

really nice job! congrats!

that is just gorgeous.

You have a lot to be proud of there. Beautiful work!

Bob

Sweet!

I can see a little bit of Bob's influence there. But you have taken your own way, very nice

Wow.....thanks for the compliments. I appreciate them all. I will say, this is the first project I actually drew out the pattern first.....well sorta. I drew 3 or 4 flowers to see how the spacing, etc. would work out. When the first few flowers on paper worked, I figured they all would and grabbed the swivel knife....LOL. Thanks again for the nice words.

It is beautiful. I am in awe of the fact that you don't draw your pattern and transfer it to the leather but just draw on your leather with the swivel knife. It's a gift, Double U, it's a gift! Thanks for sharing your work.

Thanks again for the nice words. The customer came an picked up this first one, and was very happy with it. Now if I can get the other 4 to turn out the same way.

WWH...I must confess...on this project I did do a little drawing on paper before I started. I laid the the size of the can, drew the border things, and then drew 3 flowers to get the spacing right and to make sure the vines coming out of the flowers would fit. When I saw that everything looked like it would work, I went to carving. But still didn't transfer anything to leather. Just kinda went with it. One day, I'll undoubtedly get myself into a serious jam doing it the way I do I'm sure. But for now, it seems to working. Thanks again for the compliments.

I forgot to mention that I really liked the colored center of the one flower. Nice touch!

WWH....that is actually a closeup showing one of the "erupting flowers". There are 4 other flowers with colored centers throughout the design. In fact, those colored centered are a great example of my "thinker" not fully dialed in before I start cutting and pounding away. Not all of the other 4 centers are that type of center, and consequently the colored part on some doesn't show up very well at all. I told the customer that I was going to go a slightly different route on the following 4 cans.